How to do...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaxdd

Hi, I have seen a lot of mentions about HDR in CS. I would like to know how I can go about doing that. Need any special software? Must shoot in RAW to process into HDR?

Another thing I would like to know is about panorama pictures. May I know what software are you guys using to stitch together your pictures? I hope to learn how to do it since I travel frequently and love taking pictures of beautiful scenery.

Your precious assistance is greatly appreciated~ :cool:

Hi, I have seen a lot of mentions about HDR in CS. I would like to know how I can go about doing that. Need any special software? Must shoot in RAW to process into HDR?

Another thing I would like to know is about panorama pictures. May I know what software are you guys using to stitch together your pictures? I hope to learn how to do it since I travel frequently and love taking pictures of beautiful scenery.

Your precious assistance is greatly appreciated~ :cool:

not sure if raw can, but usually people use jpegs.

my suggestion is not to use cs2 to stitch panoramas.. althjough it does have that function.

most programs cost money though, the ones with good results, last i checked

Adobe Photoshop CS2 and above has a merge-to-HDR function, where you can merge jpegs of different exposures together. I've never really used it, although I have heard that it is not as effective as dedicated programs, such as Photomatix, as suggested above.

Photoshop can stitch photos pretty effectively. There are also dedicated programs available. Go Google "HDR" and "Photo Stitch" and you'd find the programs.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 and above has a merge-to-HDR function, where you can merge jpegs of different exposures together. I've never really used it, although I have heard that it is not as effective as dedicated programs, such as Photomatix, as suggested above.

Photoshop can stitch photos pretty effectively. There are also dedicated programs available. Go Google "HDR" and "Photo Stitch" and you'd find the programs.

Hugin is free and works pretty well :)
CS4 has much better stitching capability
Photomatix is one of the good HDR software in the market.

If you searched for "how to do HDR" you'd have found lots of stuff.

Thanks for all the advise! Hope to try it out once my tripod is in. Saw on some sites that tripod is a MUST! So I guess my HDR testing will only ensue once I have my tripod. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.