how to do this in PS CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetbay

Jan 13, 2005
wapsilon.com
i done this using a long method & i noe it's wrong. anyway, i wanna remove 50% of the pixels as shown on this screen capture. what is the correct & fastest way?

:gbounce:

What is your "long" method, exactly? I'm curious...:think:

Ok, I tried this in PS7. Should work the same in PS8.

Create a new image sized 2 X 2 pixels with white background. Select the fixed sized marque tool and set it to 1 X 1 pixel. You'll need to zoom in to 1600% to see the image better. Create 2 selection boxes (1 X 1 pixels in size) at opposite corners of the 2 X 2 pixels image. Press and hold [Shift] as you select the second area at the opposite corner. Fill the selection with black. You'll end up with a checkered image.

Press [Ctrl]+[d] to drop the selection. Go to main menu "Edit", "Define pattern". Enter a name for the check box image. This black and white check pattern will be used as a layer mask to hide alternating pixels (black pixels in the layer mask hides).

Now, open your actual image. Select the layer containing the image of interest (duplicate it if it is locked and hide the locked layer). Go to main menu "Layer", "Add Layer Mask", select reveal all. Then go to main menu "Edit", "Fill" and fill the layer mask with the newly created checkered pattern. Now, half of the pixels are invisible.

If you want to interweave another image, just create another 2 X 2 checkered pattern with the black boxes on the other corners.

Hope this helps.

AReality said:
i still go with the opacity setting at 50%. takes me 0.25 secs

It is not the same thing. Setting opacity at 50% applies to the entire image. I believe what SunSetBay wanted is alternating pixels, so it's one pixel at 100% opacity, the next at 0%. So, it quite different actually. ;)

live33 said:
What is your "long" method, exactly? I'm curious...:think:

Ok, I tried this in PS7. Should work the same in PS8.

Create a new image sized 2 X 2 pixels with white background. Select the fixed sized marque tool and set it to 1 X 1 pixel. You'll need to zoom in to 1600% to see the image better. Create 2 selection boxes (1 X 1 pixels in size) at opposite corners of the 2 X 2 pixels image. Press and hold [Shift] as you select the second area at the opposite corner. Fill the selection with black. You'll end up with a checkered image.

Press [Ctrl]+[d] to drop the selection. Go to main menu "Edit", "Define pattern". Enter a name for the check box image. This black and white check pattern will be used as a layer mask to hide alternating pixels (black pixels in the layer mask hides).

Now, open your actual image. Select the layer containing the image of interest (duplicate it if it is locked and hide the locked layer). Go to main menu "Layer", "Add Layer Mask", select reveal all. Then go to main menu "Edit", "Fill" and fill the layer mask with the newly created checkered pattern. Now, half of the pixels are invisible.

If you want to interweave another image, just create another 2 X 2 checkered pattern with the black boxes on the other corners.

Hope this helps.

thxs! will go home & try this! my long method is actually, zoom the image to 1600%, cut out the alternate pixels out (start fm the corner) on a 2x2 area, then select the cut off pixels, as shown on my pic, the blue highlighted square & move to the uncut portion & cut it off!! i will continue to select the cut off pixels when it grows bigger & cut the rest of the area. :sweat:

Firestone, i wanna put two images together to see the effect wif different define pattern. live33 was right again! thxs!! :thumbsup:

managed to merge two pics into one using live33 method!! :D press Ctrl-A & see the overlaid pic disappear!! this only works on IE!! ;)

i just do this for a trial. the lines were from the original lousy photo i took. ;)

hahaha.. no wonder U wanna do that..
IE did a bad job of overlaying a blue layer...

?? wat u guys doing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.