How to do shadow beside the photo in borders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohweekuan

May 6, 2004
North
Saw other cser making boders with shadow just at 2 sides of the photo some time ago. It make the photo look as if it's floating.

Any idea how do we do it??

Thanks.

you need 2 layers...
one layer consists a white fill..
the other layer consists your picture...

adjust the dimensions such that a suitable border is created...

now to the point...
on the layers window, double click on the image layer and you will open up a dialog box called "layer style"... select the drop shadow option and manipulate the parameters to your liking...

showtime said:
you need 2 layers...
one layer consists a white fill..
the other layer consists your picture...

adjust the dimensions such that a suitable border is created...

now to the point...
on the layers window, double click on the image layer and you will open up a dialog box called "layer style"... select the drop shadow option and manipulate the parameters to your liking...

thanks for your help!!

weekuan - borrow your thread, a question for showtime.

showtime - can you please advise how to correct/adjust dull pictures shot with overcast skies. Appreciate any help, TIA.
Something like this, pic is off the cam. I know that exposure compensation can be adjusted if shot in raw, but this is shot in jpeg.

Appreciate help from any other gurus also.

58210-med-DSC_3261.JPG

it will be difficult to make your overcast sky into a nice blue one... you could however use an overcast sky to your advantage. increase the contrast and you might get something dramatic... play with the levels layer in photoshop...

Thanks showtime and AReality for your sample. I tried levels and this is what I got.

58264-large-DSC_3261_1.jpg

Hrm... personally I think the orginial cloudy sky looks better. :)

togu said:
Hrm... personally I think the orginial cloudy sky looks better. :)

Thanks for the opinion. But don't you think that the original picture is too dull? Especially the buildings and the trees?

It would be good to maintain the cloudy sky but brighten up the buildings and trees. Your opinion appreciated.

teerex said:

It would be good to maintain the cloudy sky but brighten up the buildings and trees. Your opinion appreciated.

Give it a try! Adjust the level and curves, then use the history brush to restore the sky. :)

Thanks AReality and Togu for your kind advises. Will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.