How to do panoramic shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garou12

Deregistered
May 15, 2007
Just wondering what is the gear needed for panoramics and techniques involved...

dun have pano cam but got ball head + tripod...nodial point? For some reason i always thought that panos use 3 way head better...maybe i was mistaken then?

dun have pano cam but got ball head + tripod...nodial point? For some reason i always thought that panos use 3 way head better...maybe i was mistaken then?

3-way head more stable. but, a ballhead works just as fine, as long as u know how to adjust ur cam after every shot.

when shooting on a tripod, just make sure u give abt 10-15% overlapping for each picture taken of the scene so dat it is easier to align when u are stitching them together in PS.

the nodal point is the optical center of the front of the lens to the film plane and the pano should preferably rotate around this point. this eliminates parallax error where near and far objects are not aligned properly.

definition

a stable base is important but u ultimately have to make sure that your tripod, ballhead/3-way head/gear head, and camera is level. u need a spirit level for this.

a good guide on pano and specialized equipment.

I saw an article that advises shooting vertical, instead of the normal ‘landscape’ mode and with a 25% overlap between shots. Have not tried this way yet, but it kind of make sense as it allows more ‘height’ to the pano shot for cropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.