How to do a proper exchange with emjay?

whatjerom

Jun 12, 2010
Geylang
I realized my mode dial is faulty especially when i switched it to macro mode, it will become sports mode, and when i turn the mode dial very lightly, it goes Sports mode > Macro mode > Sports mode. Others don't have this problem.

Basically, the problem is, when i switched it to macro mode, it will still stubbornly stay in sports mode sometimes.

I just called emjay, wah must leave it there for repair? :S sian. new also faulty. :(

I told the guy if it's a small problem, can fix on the spot anot? He said must leave it there for few days... but i assume it's a small problem. Maybe the dial is lose?

So disappointed :(

Last edited:
I realized my mode dial is faulty especially when i switched it to macro mode, it will become sports mode, and when i turn the mode dial very lightly, it goes Sports mode > Macro mode > Sports mode. Others don't have this problem.

Basically, the problem is, when i switched it to macro mode, it will still stubbornly stay in sports mode sometimes.

I just called emjay, wah must leave it there for repair? :S sian. new also faulty.

I told the guy if it's a small problem, can fix on the spot anot? because i assume it's a small problem. Maybe the dial is lose.

So disappointed

you rather he bullshit you that its a small problem and u keep going back there when the same problem re-surfaces?

give pple time to do proper diagnostics so they can fix it for good.

Yah, i understand... and i know i'm rushing them, but i'm not free to come according their timing. :S When I finish school it's always already 6pm, and weekend they're closed. :(

Yah, i understand... and i know i'm rushing them, but i'm not free to come according their timing. :S When I finish school it's always already 6pm, and weekend they're closed. :(

Canon service center also don't open on weekends, close at 7pm but at Harbourfront there.. It's like that one.. :(

Pontang school or wait for Sept holidays lor...

Pontang school or wait for Sept holidays lor...

Teach wrong thing! :O

Nevermind, no choice for me.

I'm trying to refresh my k-x firmware, is it possible?

Btw, anyone knows how long does it takes for emjay to do checking and repair ah? Is it like Nokia? Send for 2 weeks also haven't repaired. LOL =x

i wanted to ask de, but he seems like wanna hang the phone liao, so i didnt ask :S

You don't want to ask but want them to do the repairs fast, then you don't want to pontang school, what you want?:confused:

Give or take 1 week if the problem is small, longer than 1 week if the problem is big.

You don't want to ask but want them to do the repairs fast, then you don't want to pontang school, what you want?:confused:

Give or take 1 week if the problem is small, longer than 1 week if the problem is big.

Sorry if my sentence doesn't sounds clear to you. Did I say that I'm not calling them back to ask? I didn't say that I don't wanna ask. :bsmilie: moreover, at that time, it was close to their closing hours already, so i decided to call again tomorrow to ask again.

Seriously, please do note that i'm not those typical people who want things fast. But before jumping to the blame "what else do you want, when solution is provided", please understand me as a full-time student. I don't have much free time to accomodate emjay's timing. That's why the purpose of creating this thread is to see whether it's a small problem. Seems that there isn't any apparent solution, i've no choice to send it for repair... :(

Btw, not every student can pontang from school, especially my school, i can't afford to miss every lessons. Understand me okay? :) Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Sometimes it may seems a small problems with the dial knob but it can be a big one. Thats why I think Emjay wanted to keep the camera for few days to check properly.

So far had no problem with my K-x. My FZ18 panny has this problem too with its dial knob. kns, hate very much. The setting kept changing.

Do you have the same problem as me? http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744095
My mode will stay in Tv even when I am in Av or Sv mode. This problem comes and go. I will head down to Emjay tomorrow and let them have a look.

Yea, same problem! :( don't know why pentax don't check the dial mode before selling.

Yea, same problem! :( don't know why pentax don't check the dial mode before selling.

you might as well ask yourself why you never check properly within the first day you buy :bsmilie: ? if the problem surfaces within the first 2-3 days, you can call the shop to tell them and see if they'll honour a 1 to 1 exchange.

relak lah... just send it in and get it fixed. they'll make sure its done properly even if they have to send it back to Japan for a thorough check. you will get your money's worth.

Btw, anyone knows how long does it takes for emjay to do checking and repair ah? Is it like Nokia? Send for 2 weeks also haven't repaired. LOL =x

Surely faster becoz there are more Nokia phones than Pentax K-X. :bsmilie:

Sorry if my sentence doesn't sounds clear to you. Did I say that I'm not calling them back to ask? I didn't say that I don't wanna ask. :bsmilie: moreover, at that time, it was close to their closing hours already, so i decided to call again tomorrow to ask again.

Seriously, please do note that i'm not those typical people who want things fast. But before jumping to the blame "what else do you want, when solution is provided", please understand me as a full-time student. I don't have much free time to accomodate emjay's timing. That's why the purpose of creating this thread is to see whether it's a small problem. Seems that there isn't any apparent solution, i've no choice to send it for repair... :(

Btw, not every student can pontang from school, especially my school, i can't afford to miss every lessons. Understand me okay? :) Thanks! :)

There's plenty of solution if you sometimes think out of the box. For starters you can ask your little brother to send it in for you. Very most you buy him some sweets. Or you can ask your maid to send it for you. Very most she would take some pictures along the way. Best is ask your grandpa to send it for you. My grandson always ask his grandpa to run errands for a cuppa of kopi-o.:confused:

I just called emjay, wah must leave it there for repair? :S sian. new also faulty. :(

I told the guy if it's a small problem, can fix on the spot anot? He said must leave it there for few days... but i assume it's a small problem. Maybe the dial is lose?

So disappointed :(

Where got fix on the spot one? You make it sounds like a child's play... :cool: