How to dispose photograph properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidwww

Mar 17, 2006
Singapore
Guys, how can i dispose away photographs properly? I got a stack of photo albums which i want to dispose it away.. I was told photographs cannot be burned cos will have toxic fumes.. So any ways to destroy it other than cutting it into pieces?

erh. just dump it?

You don't want anyone else to possibly have access?

last time gt people told me the same thing..but i belive if you burn few albums will not be a big problem..but the best way still throw it loh..if you dun wish any body to see them then shred them loh..then throw away..

how to burn trash in Singapore? the smoke and smell will bring the firebusters to your doorstep in no time.

if u shred/cut/dump it , it will ultimately end up in the incinerators just like any garbage.

thanks guys.. i've tried using shredder.. and now my shredder is dead.. the photos jammed my shredder... think my photos got too many and some are too thick to be shred bah.. i'll have to manually use scissors liao..

Oh my god..you are very funny leh..should shred few by few mah..:D..

... I was told photographs cannot be burned cos will have toxic fumes...

Disposal of househould items containing hazardous substances are not very well controlled in Singapore. We don't even have proper disposal channel (for households) for batteries, mercury containing fluorescent bulbs, etc...

BC

Disposal of househould items containing hazardous substances are not very well controlled in Singapore. We don't even have proper disposal channel (for households) for batteries, mercury containing fluorescent bulbs, etc...

BC

I think hazardous waste is exported overseas, as we don't have enough land for landfills. Don't think they're burned though.

I guess privacy is a concern here.

A simple way is to just dip them in some household bleach and the pictures fade away immediately.

BC
Yes. I am sorry to hear that Singapore now want to have green housing, green condo, but no hazardous refusal for battery.

Regards,
Arto.

old photos of you and your old flame is it? hehehe
sorry just kidding.

i just divorced.. so wanna get rid those wedding albums.. anyway thanks for the debates guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.