How to dis-assemble nikkor 35-70mm f/3.3-4.5 MF lense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

repairedlens

Deregistered
Jul 18, 2009
Hi All,

I am cleaning this manual focus lense that with fungus.

I am able to remove the front group, and i am trying to clean the lens elements at the back.

the fungus is happened to be at the 2nd piece of glass from behind, i am able to remove the 1st piece of glass from behind after i unscrew a 'ring'..i wonder how to remove the next piece?

anyone got an idea?

thank you.

Please give me some clues.. shall i remove the how back elements group? or anyone got repair manual for this lense?

Need to clean the fungus that on the 2nd glass from behind..

Have you tried searching the forum? This is a forum, not a chat with real time answers.
There's one guy here name 'fatigue' who offers cleaning services and who's quite familiar with opening lenses. Maybe you want to contact him.

Last edited:
this is a forum, i guess it is for people to post a question and let people who want to answer to answer, who want to ignore to ignore.

anyway, anyone have worked on this lense before?do i need to remove the whole back elements unit in order to clean the 2nd glass from behind?

Never own that lens before. Keep on trying. And yes, some element requires you to remove the whole group before you can access to the lens.

i try to dis-assemble less parts if possible, since zoom and focus parts is critical.

I am able to take out the first glass element from behind..and able to clean 1 side of the 2 glass element but the fungus is on the other side of the glass..there is a ring spacer in between that 2 glass, but even i had removed the spacer, the 2nd glass is still not coming out..so i guess there is other way to get in..

had tried searching internet for help..can't find the exploded view too..

Hi guys,

I attached two pictures, hopefully someone can help, thanks.

back of the lense, the fungus is inside the group..

front of the lense

I know there are a lot of experts here but since no reply from the experts,
let the amateur answer your questions ;)

You have dismantled too much. You will need to adjust the focusing since you disassembled the front part of the barrel.

Do not simply open and return the lens. Put some markings so you will remember the exact orientation of the optics and return the same tightness of the retaining rings

You need something like this to remove the remaining optics in the front part
DSCN83960030.JPG

You can send a PM to bro. Dream Merchant where to get this tool.
But cost this tool is more than the value of your lens so you may consider to use some substitute.

You need a thin rubber to add friction in removing the rear part

thank you very much fatigue..

I am able to remove the '1st glass element' at the back group, but i don't know how to get in the next glass, the fungus is in the inner side of the 2nd glass element at the back group.. so far the '1st glass element' is the only optic i have removed, and i do check and remember its orientation..

so do i need to use the lens spanner to remove the whole unit from the front? or i can get in from the back?

i am using some kind of 'rubber tool' to remove what lens spanner can do.. however, i failed to make the 'front unit' turn with the rubber tool.

here is major part what i had removed, have removed the 1st glass element from the part, but failed to remove the next glass..

here is a view of the behind unit, i try to turn the 'knob' but can't move it..

Last edited:
i have added some pictures to clarify more..thanks.

still need advice..thanks.

Have you noticed the 2 holes in front?

Let's repeat.....

You need something like this to remove the remaining optics in the front part
DSCN83960030.JPG

It's a bit expensive but with a bit of creativity, you can use a substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.