How to develop your own B&W photos

Any bro know where can i rent a darkroom in Singapore? have just started to learn kinda get addicted haha but cannot find a place that do rental of darkroom :(

It used to be you join a photography club and you can rent their darkroom at a norminal cost. I was with SAFRA Photography Club some years back and they had a darkroom. I'm sure the Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) has a darkroom you can rent if you join them as member.

hi guys, i need help with developing kentmere400 shot at EI 800.
im using hc110 for the developer.
anyway to develop it correctly in sg's 29 deg tap water?

hi guys, i need help with developing kentmere400 shot at EI 800.
im using hc110 for the developer.
anyway to develop it correctly in sg's 29 deg tap water?

Put inside fridge until 20 deg

I place them in a water bath, and add ice into the water until temp. of CHEMISTRY (not the water) reaches 19-20°C

I suppose you are mixing HC 110 from the concentrated syrup. Usually i will put some ice cubes into a beaker of water. when the water cooled down to less than 20C, i will use it to mix the HC110 to a working solution. By using a mixture of the chilled water and tap water, I will achieve the 20C developer pretty soon. that when I pour it into the developing tank and start my processing.

thanks guys. i stand dev it for 14mins. turned out alright but a little too grainy for me. guess i was asking for it :p

tofufuto - there is a reason why to chill down the developer and unfortunately every other chemical / washing step. Chemical reaction speed - higher the temp faster the development, bigger the grain. 20c is about the lowest you can go. Time needed become longer but that is good because the pour in pour time now become non critical - say at 29C this is 5min, you pour out is 1min that is 20% more time and the stuff is still developing say at 20c this is 20min, 1 min pour out is 5% big difference. Not to be lazy is part of the course for home development. Tri-X I think you should try T-Max developer - use in 1 shot rather than reusable false economy - it cost you more in time and effort to capture than to use in 1 shot mix... you have to do time extension as you reuse which is again another variable to juggle. The goal is to have as few variables as possible so the process can be controlled better.