how to desaturate PS7


Status
Not open for further replies.

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
44
Yishun
Just gotten myself a PS7 and now blindly using the program. Can anyone teach me how to do selective desaturation with this program? There is no seletion brush tool in PS7 right? Read somewhere online about masking then selection but it was for elements and PS7 don't have this function so very blur already....thanks in advance
 

satan_18349

Deregistered
May 6, 2004
1,497
0
36
hell 極樂世&
use the pen tool (need some practice but its the best tool) to pen out the area that you want, right click "make selection", choose 0 or 1 feathering if you want to be precise and desaturate....if you want the the opposite, choose select inverse...
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,899
0
0
Planet Nikon
If you just want to desaturate the whole picture, do a Image -> Adjustments -> Desaturate.

If you want a certain part in colour & the rest desaturated, you can select the History Brush after Desaturation and brush over the parts.

If you just want a certain amount of desaturation, do a Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation (Ctrl-U). Ajdust the saturation to liking.

Hope it helps :)
 

ptwong

Senior Member
Nov 10, 2003
589
0
16
44
Yishun
thanks guys, PS quite hard to use esp for newbie but you guys make it easier.
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
satan_18349 said:
use the pen tool (need some practice but its the best tool) to pen out the area that you want, right click "make selection", choose 0 or 1 feathering if you want to be precise and desaturate....if you want the the opposite, choose select inverse...

hi satan,
i tried doing wat u had suggested, but after i chose "select inverse" i tried to go Image->Adjustments->Desaturate.. but the "Adjustments" was disabled/greyed out.. :dunno: how do i only desaturate a certain portion??

thanks for any advice!
 

satan_18349

Deregistered
May 6, 2004
1,497
0
36
hell 極樂世&
furrypaws said:
hi satan,
i tried doing wat u had suggested, but after i chose "select inverse" i tried to go Image->Adjustments->Desaturate.. but the "Adjustments" was disabled/greyed out.. :dunno: how do i only desaturate a certain portion??

thanks for any advice!
Cannot be...check and make sure its in RGB mode...try again, after you have pen out the area that you want, closed the path,
--->right-click->make selection->choose amount of feathering
->enter->Image->adjustments-> desaturate. Just click select inverse when you want to do other adjustment other than the area that you had initially pen-out.

Hope it solve your problem...have fun!! :D
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
satan_18349 said:
Cannot be...check and make sure its in RGB mode...try again, after you have pen out the area that you want, closed the path,
--->right-click->make selection->choose amount of feathering
->enter->Image->adjustments-> desaturate. Just click select inverse when you want to do other adjustment other than the area that you had initially pen-out.

Hope it solve your problem...have fun!! :D
hi satan,
i've checked, its in RGB mode.. but its still disabled.. :(

pls see my printscreen.

 

evildolly

New Member
Jul 27, 2003
528
0
0
Singapore
sassystrawberry.com
1. duplicate layer of background
2. desaturate
3. under layers, click add layer mask
4. use the brush tool in white to go over the places that you want desaturated... you can adjust the flow of the brush to 50% so that you get more control.
5. flatten layers

does that help? :)

 

headlesschook

New Member
Jun 12, 2004
135
0
0
furrypaws said:
hi satan,
i've checked, its in RGB mode.. but its still disabled.. :(

pls see my printscreen.

from the little bit i can see from your printscreen, it looks like u have the wrong layer selected.
 

furrypaws

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
197
0
0
thanks dolly, headlesschook,
i managed to get it, think there're more steps needed to get to the correct layer... dolly, i havent tried ur method yet, but will do so once i find the time. thanks! ;)
 

Virgo

Senior Member
Dec 23, 2003
4,813
0
0
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
ptwong said:
thanks guys, PS quite hard to use esp for newbie but you guys make it easier.
I would suggest you to read up some books on PS if you're really keen in going into PS. The rewards are unimaginable!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.