--- How To Deal With Bully Effectively, Painlessly & Legally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
Some of us probably have encountered bullies in our daily lives. It could be anywhere in public, at office or during abroad, but let me restrict this thread to be confined at 'BULLIES AT PUBLIC PLACES".

Just like to know anyone experienced with bullies and how you handled the situation. If someone threatens, scold, shout, express exceedingly rude or even tried to engage physically with you, meaning coming closer to you with his chest (I think never HER chest) brushing against you, or even already started pushing you, what would you do?

In my knowledge, if two persons fight in public places, both will be punished by the law regardless of who started the fight or for whatever reasons.

If he/she hits you and you do not retaliate, he will get away scot free, unless if you pursue the case, you'll need to report it to the police, go for injuries examination at your own cost at any government hospitals A&E, then the police will advise you to lodge a case against him at the magistrate court.

And in order to prove your case, you'll probably need evidences like witnesses or otherwise, and most, if not all, would not like to get involve, they will reject being your witnesses because they are required to attend court session (that's my practical experience).

If you retaliate, you'll end up called fighting voluntarily, unless you can prove yourself as defending your safety.

Some of us probably have encountered bullies in our daily lives. It could be anywhere in public, at office or during abroad, but let me restrict this thread to be confined at 'BULLIES AT PUBLIC PLACES".

Just like to know anyone experienced with bullies and how you handled the situation. If someone threatens, scold, shout, express exceedingly rude or even tried to engage physically with you, meaning coming closer to you with his chest (I think never HER chest) brushing against you, or even already started pushing you, what would you do?

In my knowledge, if two persons fight in public places, both will be punished by the law regardless of who started the fight or for whatever reasons.

If he/she hits you and you do not retaliate, he will get away scot free, unless if you pursue the case, you'll need to report it to the police, go for injuries examination at your own cost at any government hospitals A&E, then the police will advise you to lodge a case against him at the magistrate court.

And in order to prove your case, you'll probably need evidences like witnesses or otherwise, and most, if not all, would not like to get involve, they will reject being your witnesses because they are required to attend court session (that's my practical experience).

If you retaliate, you'll end up called fighting voluntarily, unless you can prove yourself as defending your safety.

no if you're attacked first and got witnesses then you're in the clear. As long as people can vouch you didn't throw the first punch you are not in the wrong legally. as for people who dun want to be be witnesses if you have their id or contact they have no choice. the courts can compel them to testify else they get locked up for contempt. That being said you want to know how to deal with a bully? Show him what a can of worms he's opening by showing him what real insanity is. Guarantee after that you'll be left alone and he'll be the one afraid of you. that or bring your own army which ever works better for u.

no if you're attacked first and got witnesses then you're in the clear. As long as people can vouch you didn't throw the first punch you are not in the wrong legally. as for people who dun want to be be witnesses if you have their id or contact they have no choice. the courts can compel them to testify else they get locked up for contempt. That being said you want to know how to deal with a bully? Show him what a can of worms he's opening by showing him what real insanity is. Guarantee after that you'll be left alone and he'll be the one afraid of you. that or bring your own army which ever works better for u.

Sorry pal you are incorrect.

In non-fatal or non-serious case, the court will not summon witnesses against their will, because he/she can insist that he/she did not witness anything and police will not insist he/she to be interviewed unless like I said if it is a fatal/serious case and there's no way for him/her to deny his/her presence at the crime scene.

In non-fatal or non-serious case, the court will not summon witnesses against their will, because he/she can insist that he/she did not witness anything and police will not insist he/she to be interviewed unless like I said if it is a fatal/serious case and there's no way for him/her to deny his/her presence at the crime scene.

not if you have a good lawyer who can subpoena the witness and treat them as hostile if they really are unwilling to open their mouths. sometimes its worth getting a vicious lawyer. non fatal...hmm sounds like a lame excuse.

In Singapore, one is quite "safe" with bullies, because we have the law to protect us. But in situation where you know your life is at stake, better run for your life and not be a hero.

When you are outside Singapore, my suggestion is for you to find a way to get far far from the bullies, even you have to swallow your whole ego!

Besides lawyers, most of us layperson are not familiar with the local law and how it works.

Take for example for police conducting search in private places such as homes & offices.

Under Criminal Procedure Code (Chapter 68) Section 69(1) says:

"When search may be made without warrant.
69. —(1) If information is given to any police officer not below the rank of sergeant that there is reasonable cause for suspecting that any stolen property is concealed or lodged in any dwelling-house or other place and he has good grounds for believing that by reason of the delay in obtaining a search warrant the property is likely to be removed, that officer by virtue of his office may search for specific articles alleged to have been stolen in the house or place specified."

Not any police officer can enter private places unless they have search warrant.

So don't be intimidated by any persons wearing blue police uniform, look at their rank and also theirs ground of reasons for entering.

Also if someone hit you in the PRESENCE of a police officer, THEN the police officer can detain or arrest that person hitting you. Otherwise the police cannot do anything except going by the book, seek the person's identity, take statement, advice you on your rights of pursue and leave both of you to fight again.

Besides lawyers, most of us layperson are not familiar with the local law and how it works.

Take for example for police conducting search in private places such as homes & offices.

69. —(1) If information is given to any police officer not below the rank of sergeant that there is reasonable cause for suspecting that any stolen property is concealed or lodged in any dwelling-house or other place and he has good grounds for believing that by reason of the delay in obtaining a search warrant the property is likely to be removed, that officer by virtue of his office may search for specific articles alleged to have been stolen in the house or place specified."

Not any police officer can enter private places unless they have search warrant.

So don't be intimidated by any persons wearing blue police uniform, look at their rank and also theirs ground of reasons for entering.

Also if someone hit you in the PRESENCE of a police officer, THEN the police officer can detain or arrest that person hitting you. Otherwise the police cannot do anything except going by the book, seek the person's identity, take statement, advice you on your rights of pursue and leave both of you to fight again.

which is why same as the odex fiasco people need to be educated.

My experience is that humtum back if he/she hits you first (with witness), but don't kill or seriously hurt him/her. Just make him/her feel the pain. BUT if you are not in a position to retaliate, don't, just run.

I think for a she, slap back will do.

Generally, nobody bothers this kind of little fight, so don't worry about the law, as long as no police officer is around.

My experience is that humtum back if he/she hits you first (with witness), but don't kill or seriously hurt him/her. Just make him/her feel the pain. BUT if you are not in a position to retaliate, don't, just run.

I think for a she, slap back will do.

Generally, nobody bothers this kind of little fight, so don't worry about the law, as long as no police officer is around.

Never EVER publicly slap a woman. It will never end well for you.

The last of the 36 tricks is best. When about to be assaulted by a bully, just walk off.

If you call the police, the police (clerk) will ask you to sue that bully. The police will not take any action to protect you because but they will teach you how to sue. After court hearing, then they will take necessary action required by the judge. I came across this personally and was appalled the level of swift justice.

Just remember: we are always on our own feet as there is a shortage of men in blue. We cannot be the hero and so we really have to think twice before allowing the mad fella to beat us up when we have the chance to walk off and let matter cool.

Dont flame me for saying this as i have a real police case to back my facts. Honestly, we need to be street smart and not assume law is on our side even when we seem right.

Now I know why Gotham need a Dark Knight. :bsmilie:

by becoming the Joker? play mind games? :bsmilie:

the best weapon against any bully is to be firm. fear can be heard, seen & felt (dun need contact wan). so its how u talk, body stance (imagine invisible shield like aura) & wad's in ur mind (sportsmen always fill their mind w/ winning thoughts).

the way Batman stand & walk is a good firm stance, v macho rite?
fill ur mind with thoughts of how u overcame obstacles in ur past, thoughts of triumph, even an image of a wasp on a bad day is good. small but fearless, good mentor for many not so chunky built folks.

oooh, watching movies like Batman can give some valueable insights on how to deal with bullies/nasty people. there's such a therapy i forgot wad its actuallly called. :embrass:

too bad sg ban pepper spray(maybe we can substitute with chilli mix with water)... otherwise bully kena bullied.. that would be so shiok... :cool:

Eh you sure that there is a distinction as far as subpoena of witnesses is for non-fatal as opposed to fatal cases? Any legislation or case law to support this view?

too bad sg ban pepper spray(maybe we can substitute with chilli mix with water)... otherwise bully kena bullied.. that would be so shiok... :cool:

assuming the bully doesn't wear a motorcycle helmet & also armed with a similiar spray, & maybe even has a knife... :sweat:

No wonder most laypeople aren't familiar with the law. i had a headache trying to follow that sentence. Wonder if it's possible to rewrite the entire legal code in shorter clearer sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.