How to cut ham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

corollax

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Howdy folks, xmas is almost here and to all csers a Merry Xmas! Hope u get good presents & bonus!

Question : I ordered a chunk of ham but it'll will come uncut & vendor do not provide cutting service... guess i'll hv to do it myself... so how do ppl slice e ham so consistent & thin? is it special tool or something...? :think:

sharp, long and thinn blade (smooth edge not the jaggered one) and cut perpendicular to the fiber, put pressure on the knife when pulling not pushing

coooool. i dont know anything about cutting, but i always read in the newspaper about chefs teling stories that if you cut wrongly, the taste would be gone and all that crap. is it true>?

Take a sharp long knife, Hold ham down firmly on chopping board and pressing knife to ham slice down in see saw motion. meaning move the knife forward and backward as you slice.

But most impt of all, safety first, you are not a professional so it is okay if the slices are not even or consistant. Just dont add bits of your finger.

If u r thick skinned enuff, bring ur Ham ;p to NTUC ask them cut. :confused:

Anyway, the aunties won't reject ur request one lah. :embrass:

good idea i should try... i buy from Cold Storage and get NTUC to cut - hope that e spirit of xmas is alive...!

good idea i should try... i buy from Cold Storage and get NTUC to cut - hope that e spirit of xmas is alive...!

blasphamy ... cannot

if the ham is pre cut ike that, but the time the ham is to be served, the ham will be dried ...

Use a cleaver if deem fit :devil:

You bought from Cold Storage and they don't provide cutting service? I don't believe it. Cold Storage is the premium supplier for meats, and they don't even have a meat slicer? :confused:

You bought from Cold Storage and they don't provide cutting service? I don't believe it. Cold Storage is the premium supplier for meats, and they don't even have a meat slicer? :confused:

once you cut, the meat will dry up fast.:)

mabbe bought the Christmas ham... it comes un-cut.

use a carving knife to cut lor. but make sure your fingers stay away from the blade lah. practise makes perfect. i've almost perfected my ham slicing after two years of uneven cuts :sweatsm:

u need a special knife.. u can buy it from NTUC or Cold Storage. :lovegrin:

Thanks all, will check out your tips & probably choose e safest way to do it - dun wan to have a bleddy christmas!

Actually, if the ham is meant for a X'mas dinner, it would be better leave the whole ham uncut on the dinning table and only cut out the portions when you want to serve. Just cut out the portion you or your family/guests want and serve directly. You don't need to cut evenly.

Thanks all, will check out your tips & probably choose e safest way to do it - dun wan to have a bleddy christmas!

Might be safer if your knife had VR/IS

Status
Not open for further replies.