how to critique a photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...... I wonder who should read this?
Everyone.

;)

And the next most anticipated "howto..." : How to accept critiques gracefully and to learn from them.

and the funniest thing is....that dark exposure unsharp moonlit pond photo actually sold for US$2,928,000 at an auction! wtf! then i buy all those super sharp lenses for what!!!

;(

Everyone.

;)

And the next most anticipated "howto..." : How to accept critiques gracefully and to learn from them.

to some very difficult to accept .. they just wanna hear the good side of they pictures .. negative comment in public forum ... nope! :sweat:

and the funniest thing is....that dark exposure unsharp moonlit pond photo actually sold for US$2,928,000 at an auction! wtf! then i buy all those super sharp lenses for what!!!

;(

it is the legacy that sell .. :bsmilie:

Everyone.

;)

But I do not give critiques leh!:bsmilie:

darren said:

No! No! No! No!:nono:

The next one should be: "How to recognise trashy critiques".

;(

??? is that picture worth US$3mil? must be taken by some super famous guy.

;(

Dun forget the guy was born in 1879... it may have been considered an antique. ;)

Dun forget the guy was born in 1879... it may have been considered an antique. ;)

like that I go and burn one CD full of blur picture and pass it to my grandson next time as inheritance....

6meg pixel pictures.... everyone will be like "WAH!!!!!!" in year 2100.

like that I go and burn one CD full of blur picture and pass it to my grandson next time as inheritance....

6meg pixel pictures.... everyone will be like "WAH!!!!!!" in year 2100.

6Meg??

I have saved VGA (640x480) copies.... on a 2Meg camera... :bsmilie:

Mine even more antiqued... :bsmilie:

6Meg??

I have saved VGA (640x480) copies.... on a 2Meg camera... :bsmilie:

Mine even more antiqued... :bsmilie:

those wedding photos taken with the 1st batch of digital cameras should be in museum already, those PNS digital from year 1995 or around there...

those wedding photos taken with the 1st batch of digital cameras should be in museum already, those PNS digital from year 1995 or around there...

You have any of those? May be worth money in future... hehehe

to some very difficult to accept .. they just wanna hear the good side of they pictures .. negative comment in public forum ... nope! :sweat:

sometimes there should be "C&C not welcomed" notice from some threadstarter apart from those "C&C welcomed". in general, most of those who have put up the notice that "C&C welcomed" genuinely will considered any criticisms whereas some threadstarters may sit behind the fence of subjectiveness. no one had beg to differ when others said that his pictures is nice, me included.

I thought giving negative critiques is simply saying "You suck!"???:bsmilie:

its only humans to not want to hear bad stuffs but the human race must explore possiblities and its only true critiques that one get to hear the real stuffs that feel sore deep within, yup I agree with many of you.

Ever ask why the word critique has not been changed to feedback? Do they carry different meanings? After all, aint it about getting some response to something? You will have to figure out for yourself on the implications.

For me, I continue to believe that I will provide critiques in the light of learning, I use the hamburger theory when doing it since it sort of get the message across within sounding too demeaning or without too much hurt to the persons ego, we are not here to boost our own egos right? Start with the good observations on the post, usher in the negatives in your point of views, offers options and alternatives and highlight the key good observations, just like a burger, soft, hard in the middle and then soften at the end.

At dya's end, people will still learn, still benefit, its the style we deliver. But all said, its ur individual style and I respect it, the intend behind each critique in the positive light I respect even more. Excellent thread starter to surface this in the spirit of learning and growing for there are no failures, just learning expereinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.