How to create watermarks for images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2007
I've seen photographers who use watermarks on their photos letting everyone know who shot the picture as well as protecting their images from potential theft. Since I post some of my work on Flickr and another gallery, how can I create and use my own watermark? Is it done in PS? Or is their another program that I can use?

Thanks to all who reply. Have been wanting to do this for quite sometime now.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
answer easily found.

links from the first page of google, search parameters: photography photoshop watermark
watermarking photos in photoshop 7 and cs
photoshop 911: batch watermarking of photos

clubsnap search: watermark
thread 1
thread 2
thread 3

time taken to search, 2 seconds. time taken for me to reply to your thread with copying all the links (and filtering through irrelevant threads/links), 10 seconds.

that said, if you do not understand the information found, please clarify.

Nov 26, 2007
Ha ha! You're funny night86mare. But thanks anyway for pointing out our good and valuable resource, Google. I shall use it more often instead of asking here first. :) I figured that you can use PS but was also looking for alternatives to that.

Thanks again.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
Ha ha! You're funny night86mare. But thanks anyway for pointing out our good and valuable resource, Google. I shall use it more often instead of asking here first. :) I figured that you can use PS but was also looking for alternatives to that.

Thanks again.
nah, nothing wrong with asking i guess, just always do a search first.. if not a lot of repeat questions.. and the people who care will always have to keep answering.

cheers. i guess even paint can give you a watermark.. just open the picture and type text on it. but with regards to adjustments,etc.. obviously paint will give you less freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom