How to create a portfolio for myself about wedding photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarence

Sep 15, 2004
Teck Whye
How do i build up a portfolio for wedding photography? Any1 can tell me how in the sense of what materials to use now in this era, and presentation and arranement of photos?

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
Are paper portfoilos still in existance?
i wouldn't quite call it "paper", probably the better word to use is a "print portfolio" ;p

but technically yeah, most are still printed on some form of paper.. ehhe

simply put, mostly we start online now, have a website of ur images, and when customer is interested to find out more, meet them up and show them the print portfolio. i do know that some photographers bring a laptop and show more digital images when meeting up, but if the customer requests for prints then you should have them ready too.

after all, if the customer is gonna order prints and albums from you, they'd probably like to see the final product, not just on screen.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
i wouldn't quite call it "paper", probably the better word to use is a "print portfolio" ;p

but technically yeah, most are still printed on some form of paper.. ehhe

simply put, mostly we start online now, have a website of ur images, and when customer is interested to find out more, meet them up and show them the print portfolio. i do know that some photographers bring a laptop and show more digital images when meeting up, but if the customer requests for prints then you should have them ready too.

after all, if the customer is gonna order prints and albums from you, they'd probably like to see the final product, not just on screen.
Now the Guru is talking. :sweatsm:

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
You forgot the most important part of building a portfolio... Go and shoot more :)

And when opportunities are rare, try your hardest to convince the couple to take a leap of faith in your abilities. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom