How to create a photo upload site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaoxing

Feb 16, 2003
Bedok, Singapore
Visit site
I'm looking at something similar to the Commonwealth Photo competition (less the screw ups in the T&C) where people register an account and upload their photos for judging. Is there any available web scripts I can use out-of-the-box?

If site admin is reading this, maybe can also enlighten me on how to create the Clubsnap Gallery for people to upload their photos using something like PhotoPost but free-of-charge?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to create a website for some photo competition for my school. It's not meant for commercial gains.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer. :embrass:

My thoughts: Instead of doing the obvious thing using a dedicated image gallery script, how about using Wordpress 2.0? I mention this because I'm somewhat familiar with this (rather than with the image gallery scripts...)

WP2.0 allows the option for people to create accounts (and for you to moderate who can register). WP2.0 has a built-in interface for image uploads...

Then there are various image gallery related plug-ins you can use with WP.

There might be some slight configuration (I think for any other script you need some configurating as well) to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.