How to convince your wife/gf of your intention....

KiichiroToyoda

Jun 30, 2010
Hey guys, just wondering how do you guys convince your wife or girlfriend that you want to buy that particular DSLR?

And gals, just how do you get convince?

We can apply the highly effective tripple C.

First Convince - If step one fail, Confuse -If both step fail Conned -

:bsmilie:

I tell her the truth. If there is a good reason to get the 6k body or the 10k lens then I'm sure she'll be convinced. If she is still not convinced that means your reasons not solid enough and you should probably rethink whether you really need that purchase.

Hey guys, just wondering how do you guys convince your wife or girlfriend that you want to buy that particular DSLR?

Do what every woman also does when they walk pass a jewellery store, everytime you walk near a camera shop, keep looking at the camera, when she ask you whats the matter, pause for a while, make sure she sees you watching that camera........

She may even buy the camera for you!! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

just tell her straight i want to buy a new camera because of xxx reason. its for work so she doesn't say much.

I merely told my wife : those wonderful moments we can captured of us together is priceless

Tell her.... or them that this camera is better than the previous one in making them loook less fat...

u must be kidding
buy first talk later. .

Alternatively tell her - like 50% of the cost only lor maybe 6K u declare 3K or any amt thats acceptable to her ...and pray she will not know.

If she know, tell her - oh.. its second hand i found the lobang online ....
case closed? ....

keke ...

Anyway just up front tell your wife/gf that you wan to get this item because you think (all sorts of reason) .... and i think if your wife/gf understands you and your passion in photography there should not be a problem.

unless u r those that 3-min passion, spend a lot of money on a new hobby and 3months later change another one, your wife/gf knows ur bad habit .... then ... too bad.

Show her the box, the dslr and the receipt.
Done!

Not exactly a 3 minute passion here. Really want to do something during the "free" time. Of course not going to spend more than a "few" thousand for a start.

BTW..just got a PnS about 2 months back....at that time, my older compact "kaput"..so got the excuse.

Keep the suggestion rolling!!

i just tell her or she just finds out when she sees it ..... nothing to discuss ..... as long as its with my own money and not from the family common pool

Oh ! You mean your wives control your $$$ one and u get pocket money every month ??? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

joking

ditto all the above tatics below :bsmilie:

this tactic I have seen other friends use

"U want me to get into this hobby or spend the money at KTV or on China women ?"

sure win one

Last edited:
Buy first talk later if asked . else tee gong
or else pamper ur wife by buying something nice like a prada bag or two regularly to pacify. See u buy a bag that cost more than the last 70-200 VR2 that u just bought last mth..

ryan

Buy first talk later if asked . else tee gong
or else pamper ur wife by buying something nice like a prada bag or two regularly to pacify. See u buy a bag that cost more than the last 70-200 VR2 that u just bought last mth..

ryan

Just tell her the old body price is dropping very fast. Sell and getting a newer body is more worth it.

"U want me to get into this hobby or spend the money at KTV or on China women ?"

sure win one

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:. but if she says shld spend on her instead how..

bring her to a studio and get a quotation for a photo-shoot session of say $1000 shoot for 5 picture.

She will surely complain that the price is super expensive. And if she wants another shoot sometime later, then she will have to pay for the shoot again.

so, the reason to get a DSLR is here :thumbsup:

buy a camera , and it will help you save money. :)

Billy