How to convince wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denniswong

Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a DSLR - D7000, to be exact.

However, how do I convince my wife that I'd need a DSLR? currently using Panasonic TZ7.

Furthermore, the D7000 may be too big and heavy for her, which means that I'd be the only one using it.

Thanks for the advise in advance.

:)
Dennis

How do you think you can convince yourself that you need a dslr than the TZ7?

Do you have kids, babies, ... etc.? PnS is not going to make it to capture cute little kids.
So if you have kids, the excuse is to better capture moments with them.
If not, then the excuse is to get in advance for future sake of capturing moments with them, but get now to learn how to use first.

Tell her you want to get a DSLR, and if she says "No", be a man, stand up and tell her not to kill off your passions.

Maybe you dont need to convinve your wife, just discuss/agree and you buy.

You can get her smaller camera if she want. Otherwise LV or Gucci normally can also...:dunno:

just buy.

buy liao nothing she can do.

show her some amazing picture which using D-SLR camera.....

tell her too that you would like to take her picture in a better quality and better way...

tell her you would like to take her to a holiday and need a better camera to take more beautiful picture of her

tell her how happy you will be if you have a DSLR

tell her D7000 can also make a "home made video" at night :D

good luck

Tell her all man need to play something…either you play camera or play women..ask her to choose :) hehe…

OR do what i do…buy her one too…D7k is not too big for your wife if she starts to get interested in photography

I got my wife a 60D after i got one for myself and it's good bonding where both husband/wife go photoshooting together :)
Also creates a good excuse to buy new gear…just say "But it's for you too dearie" haha

After buying ur D7000, Buy "Something" for her too :bsmilie:

You are a working adult right?
You spend your money, she spend hers.
Just do it within logical limits of course and not buy something beyond you financial abilities (eg. on credit).

Just talk to her. No need to start thinking or assuming that she will not agree to it. Maybe she will support that idea. And even like photography more than you do.

Choose some nice threads in photo gallery and share the moments with her. Explain some of the technical qualities of the photos seen. Get her interested and you got it.... landscape, portraits, candids and macros will be good start.

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a DSLR - D7000, to be exact.

However, how do I convince my wife that I'd need a DSLR? currently using Panasonic TZ7.

Furthermore, the D7000 may be too big and heavy for her, which means that I'd be the only one using it.

Thanks for the advise in advance.

:)
Dennis

If you can convince yourself to buy, you can't convince your wife?

So why do you want to get a DSLR?

There is nothing wrong in buying something that only one person can use even after you start a family. For example, if she buys a girly handbag, lipstick, female underwear.. You aren't going to complain that only she can use it, or try to use it right...?

I think the problem is not that you are the only one using it, it's whether it is something you really want to get, or if it's a spur of the moment purchase where you will splash $1-$2K on something, only to discard it later on at a loss. That is something you have to settle with yourself; and if you can convince yourself, then you can convince her. It is as simple as that.

As long the purchase is within capabilities.. i dont see why.. perhaps you can save abit more just to prove that you really want it. ..just do it. its just a camera..But if you were to purchase and later not using it..then you better not get it.

I think d3100 which is small and light will suit u better since u just started into dslr .. No point spent so much on d7000 while using kit len. D3100 can pretty do the job well and not so intimating .. Just $500 compare to $1500 on the forum here. Save the money and decide if u need better len in future .. I really dun see the logic to get the best camera while cheap out on len. Really serve no purpose of getting dslr.

I suppose u buy $500 camera first to prove your skill .. She would not nag you for weeks for anyhow spend money .. Ok, maybe a few days .. Hehe .. Money save from buying d3100 just go buy her a handbag, i confirm she forget about your camera ... Haha ..

Buy a decent camera that can last you few years one. Harder to convince wife you want upgrade the camera later. But D7000 can upgrade to D700 easily, just tell wife Nikon paint job lousy, the 1 zero disappear after few months. ;)

Buy a decent camera that can last you few years one. Harder to convince wife you want upgrade the camera later. But D7000 can upgrade to D700 easily, just tell wife Nikon paint job lousy, the 1 zero disappear after few months. ;)

D7000 --> D700.... size a bit different leh... kekeke :bsmilie:

Even if you buy liao, what can she do?

Divorce you?

Status
Not open for further replies.