How to convert hdr files to jpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengh

May 6, 2007
Florida
I've just started trying to do some hdr using Photomatix Basic 1.2, but I can't quite figure out how to save or export my hdr files to jpg for general viewing and distribution purposes.

Would like to ask those familiar with Photomatix if there is such a function, or if there's a free and convenient hdr to jpg converter out there to download. So far I've only found one converter, and it didn't seem to work, can't read the hdr file.

Oh... I've gone through the FAQ, but haven't thought of going through the tutorial yet. Sorry, my bad. :embrass: Thanks!

I've just started trying to do some hdr using Photomatix Basic 1.2, but I can't quite figure out how to save or export my hdr files to jpg for general viewing and distribution purposes.

Would like to ask those familiar with Photomatix if there is such a function, or if there's a free and convenient hdr to jpg converter out there to download. So far I've only found one converter, and it didn't seem to work, can't read the hdr file.

Don't know if basic 1.2 is the same, but in my version of Photomatix you can select output to be 8 bit or 16 bit. 8 bit confirm can be JPG, but 16 bit can only be TIFF and a few other formats. In any case, you cannot save at all?

You have to generate the HDR, then Tone Map. After tone mapping then you can save, I guess.

Don't know if basic 1.2 is the same, but in my version of Photomatix you can select output to be 8 bit or 16 bit. 8 bit confirm can be JPG, but 16 bit can only be TIFF and a few other formats. In any case, you cannot save at all?

You have to generate the HDR, then Tone Map. After tone mapping then you can save, I guess.

Yah, I realised I didn't do the Tone Map, so I could only save as .hdr or .exr or some floating point tiff format. I've tried tone mapping, and it works now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.