How to continue with photography in the army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DodoAngel

Jan 29, 2006
singapore
Hi All. Basically i'm just going to be enlisted in slightly less than 2 weeks. So i'm wondering what chances will there be to even get to touch photography. With such little free time left other than some weekends?

By the way, i remember reading here sometime back that SAF has a Film Club or something that does photography. And i heard its only be recommendation or something to join it. So does anybody can give me some more information about this Photography Club or something? I'm not refering to the one at SAFRA. :confused:

your chances of getting into it is close to NIL unless you got really strong connections.

Imagine if everyone who is interested in photography/videography wants to do that in NS.. we won't have any fighting soldiers left..

Hi All. Basically i'm just going to be enlisted in slightly less than 2 weeks. So i'm wondering what chances will there be to even get to touch photography. With such little free time left other than some weekends?

By the way, i remember reading here sometime back that SAF has a Film Club or something that does photography. And i heard its only be recommendation or something to join it. So does anybody can give me some more information about this Photography Club or something? I'm not refering to the one at SAFRA. :confused:
Going in NS u would still have ur off-days to shoot (provided u are energetic enuff).

In a way, NS will shape ur perspective and thinking so that u'll see things from a different perspective.

U dun have to keep shooting to keep up with physical aspects of photography. Photography also encompasses other things - like thoughts and perspective of view. Seize this opportunity to develop photography in other areas. :)

It's not like yesteryear NSF, the NSF now have Saturdays and Sundays off, book out Friday night.

Why can't you have time to shoot when u're in the army? I basically started serious photography while I was doing my NS. And no I'm not some clerk, etc. I'm combat personnel in a combat unit (stay-in).

In fact, there may be chances to shoot army stuff too! I covered my bty doing the 21-gun salute during NDP, shot some event when some big shots from other countries came to view our "gear", shot my live-firing exercise in NZ. You do need special permission first though, especially with the tight security regarding cameras these days.

Shoot in camp lah. Just bring a small compact camera in lah.

My young friend,

Your NS liability is only 2 yrs of your life, which barring any unfortunate turn of events, will presumably lasts more than half a century.

Furthermore, unlike going to jail, you can still book out during weekends and public hoidays, and depending on your vocation, you may also get to book out everyday. Thus, you'd still have plenty of opportunity to shoot.

Photography club? What do you take the SAF for? Got CCA one meh?;p

Dun worry la, just go and do your NS and soak up all the experience you can get in this new phase of your life.

Shoot in camp lah. Just bring a small compact camera in lah.

wah.. very ill-advised suggestion leh.

Just finish off your BMT and trade courses first. When you get to your unit, perhaps you might have a small chance to volunteer as a fotog for your unit's events. Otherwise, just take care and enjoy the journey.

one can always use the time off after booking out for hobbies. you are not in the army 24X7. u get to book out of camp. (unless u sign confinement).

Jeez.

If you find it important enough, you will make time for it. Enough said. You expect to be in confinement for the 2 years of service isit? Doubt so.

well you'll have book-out time to indulge in whatever you want to.

you'll learn to appreciate civilian life.

for some others, their gf! :lovegrin:

Why can't you shoot when you're serving? Dun let that stop you...

I'm also the photographer during my training days... (Can siam many things wor... ;p People stand under hot sun cannot move, I can walk around like SSM...)

take a break from photography for 2 years lah.. trust me NS will totally consume you. after book out, the last thing you want to do is play with your camera.... sleep is more impt. :bsmilie: :sticktong

you can still go out take photos during the weekends. basically u r worrying for no good reason. lol

for me i came to appreciate a good weekend out for a photo shoot with friends. im sure u will feel the same way soon. :)

well you'll have book-out time to indulge in whatever you want to.

you'll learn to appreciate civilian life.

civ life stress ah. sometimes i want to go back... eat and sleep and training and it is for own good. live in a bunk with good buddies.....:confused: :bsmilie:

It is a great test for love!!!

Love for your gf, love for your camera, whatever you want to test...

Status
Not open for further replies.