How to connect phono plug to pc sync socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's for a Studio strobe, and not a hotshoe flash.

What you need is a long PC sync cord. Try the stores around Peninsula Plaza. That's where I get mine.

Was wondering if we can get male-female adapter plugs. I got some pc sync cables, all are 1 male and 1 female, and both my camera and flash use female sockets.

Not sure which one you're referring to but $30 for a 3m cord sounds expensive ... unless it's (famous) branded, or a heavy-duty variant. A simple PC sync cord has no fancy electronics or splitters or multiple-cabels like one which you would need for a dedicated module.

If the cabels you have are 1 male and 1 female terminated, it's not a PC Sync cord, but a PC cord Extension which allows you to plug the female end of the extension into the male end of the actual PC Sync Cord.

A PC Sync Cord has two male ends.

Hmm...I hope I got that correck! :bsmilie:

I see.. so what is the typical price for a 4m pc sync cord? I see them in the shops at $30.. is this high? I need 2 of them and it does seem expensive for such a simple cable.

I got my 5m extensions for about $16 bucks a piece. Just shop around and bargain.

Wow! That's the lowest price I've seen so far. Will look around tonight. But these are for extensions and not the regular pc sync cables, right?

Actually the sticker price was $32, and I guess they usually sell for around wat ... $20? $25? Must have been because it's the same shop where I used to buy some 'hard-core' stuff before, so someone rememberd me. :bsmilie:

Just look around and bargain. If you're not in a hurry, and don't mind overseas trading, look to e-bay shops. I got my Metz after-market cabels for like S$8-$9 a piece where as in SG the originals or after-market ones are impossible to get anymore, and even if you can find an original, it's at least $30-$50/piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.