How to connect phono plug to pc sync socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
That's for a Studio strobe, and not a hotshoe flash.

What you need is a long PC sync cord. Try the stores around Peninsula Plaza. That's where I get mine.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
Was wondering if we can get male-female adapter plugs. I got some pc sync cables, all are 1 male and 1 female, and both my camera and flash use female sockets.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Not sure which one you're referring to but $30 for a 3m cord sounds expensive ... unless it's (famous) branded, or a heavy-duty variant. A simple PC sync cord has no fancy electronics or splitters or multiple-cabels like one which you would need for a dedicated module.

If the cabels you have are 1 male and 1 female terminated, it's not a PC Sync cord, but a PC cord Extension which allows you to plug the female end of the extension into the male end of the actual PC Sync Cord.

A PC Sync Cord has two male ends.

Hmm...I hope I got that correck! :bsmilie:

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
I see.. so what is the typical price for a 4m pc sync cord? I see them in the shops at $30.. is this high? I need 2 of them and it does seem expensive for such a simple cable.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
I got my 5m extensions for about $16 bucks a piece. Just shop around and bargain.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Actually the sticker price was $32, and I guess they usually sell for around wat ... $20? $25? Must have been because it's the same shop where I used to buy some 'hard-core' stuff before, so someone rememberd me. :bsmilie:

Just look around and bargain. If you're not in a hurry, and don't mind overseas trading, look to e-bay shops. I got my Metz after-market cabels for like S$8-$9 a piece where as in SG the originals or after-market ones are impossible to get anymore, and even if you can find an original, it's at least $30-$50/piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom