How to clean user marks on rubber grip?

EvolutionZ

Nov 22, 2009
as above.. any idea how?
see the lens below.. got those whittish user mark.. any idea how to clean it to become black again?
DSC04494.jpg

i use tissue paper and go between them with my nails and wipe them the dirt off . Its a nerve-wrecking process , but sure pay off . If its wear , then im not sure .

I apply Armor All onto the rubber parts of my camera, lenses, and tripod to keep them supple. Incidentally, it also has a darkening effect, which is what I believe you're after. :)

hmm..i did try using cloth and alcohol but it didn't work.. i'll try the tissue method. thanks.

I apply Armor All onto the rubber parts of my camera, lenses, and tripod to keep them supple. Incidentally, it also has a darkening effect, which is what I believe you're after. :)

yes, i want it to be black again.. where can i find this Armor All? thanks.

it happened on my body rubber grip. i used my facial moituriser and applied it using my finger. all turned out black again. nice!

my friend said he used mink oil. i dunno what is that though, its some oil from some animal i guess that is commonly used for leather.

try it out n let us know the outcome
all e best>!

you can use a toothbrush to get in between the grooves to remove the dirt.

Remove the rubber grip from the lens and wash as you like.

I use tooth pick and damped cloth to get rid of those dirt inside rubber grooves.

It's not dirt. It's the rubber.

wow remove the rubber grip? didn't know it can be removed.. haha.. yea its not dirt actually..

My advice is remove it then brush it gently using a toothbrush and soap....then let it dry before putting it back!

wow remove the rubber grip? didn't know it can be removed.. haha.. yea its not dirt actually..

I've to remove it to mount the zoom/focus gear everytime I put the camera and lens into the underwater housing. Simple process.;)

"armor all" is use in car for protecting rubber and plastic and giving them the new look for car.

i using it too, wipe the lens down liao, will apply a layer of "armor all"

u can get it in DIY shop "homefix" under car care. gotten a small bottle of 118ml at $5.65.

you can remove the rubber grip . . . no problem . . . ;)

easier to clean it . . .

Thanks guys for your great advice! will do so. :D

just removed the rubber and washed it.. now looks much better! thanks alot!