How to clean the LCD screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by siewsphone
T-shit? :dunno:

The LCD has a thin layer of clear plastic on top for protection, you'll be cleaning this layer...tissue paper, micro-fibre cloth, etc. all these will do, just don't use sand paper...:D

T-shit? :dunno:

:eek: don't use any kind of shit, be it t-shit, r-shit, chicken shit, bull shit! :eek:

haha just kidding...use the cloth you use to clean your lens lor, won't go wrong with that. Don't use any kind of solvent, may spoil the LCD.

Or use a plastic overlay to protect your LCD screen, that's what I do. Get a piece of those PDA screen protectors. Then you won't have to clean your LCD, just change the overlay if it gets dirty.

Originally posted by Jayan

The LCD has a thin layer of clear plastic on top for protection, you'll be cleaning this layer...tissue paper, micro-fibre cloth, etc. all these will do, just don't use sand paper...:D

What layer do u mean? The PDA protector ?

That layer can be replaced with a new one ?

Originally posted by Tweek

:eek: don't use any kind of shit, be it t-shit, r-shit, chicken shit, bull shit! :eek:

haha just kidding...use the cloth you use to clean your lens lor, won't go wrong with that. Don't use any kind of solvent, may spoil the LCD.

Or use a plastic overlay to protect your LCD screen, that's what I do. Get a piece of those PDA screen protectors. Then you won't have to clean your LCD, just change the overlay if it gets dirty.

hehe....Typo......Btw, CP selling those protector or not?

I have get one LCD protector , from the daproducts site ,its really good and cheap too .

i recommend using 3M Lens Cleaning Cloth (Scotch -Brite), a 18cmx16cm pc is abt $5, very useful. i got 2 pc, one for DVD, one for my camera & PDA. there's even a promo now on a larger piece with a Fun Sponge abt $7-8.

Where could I get it?

Originally posted by TheZard
i recommend using 3M Lens Cleaning Cloth (Scotch -Brite), a 18cmx16cm pc is abt $5, very useful. i got 2 pc, one for DVD, one for my camera & PDA. there's even a promo now on a larger piece with a Fun Sponge abt $7-8.

Where could I get it?

i got mine from Fix-It DIY store, Great World City Basement. Cold Storage sells the larger piece with the fun sponge bundle but @ inflated price of $8.20, its abt $7+ @ Fit-It. i think any good DIY store has it in stock.

the 3M cloth really does magic! tested it on an oily fingerprint on my DVD, wipes it clean with zero scratches (as far as my naked eye can see) without solvent.

Sorry the shop name is Home FIX DIY.

Below is more info on the 3M Lens cleaning cloth:

3M™ Reusable Lens Cleaning Cloth 9021, single, 7.1 in x 6.3 in
3M Home and Leisure
Cleaning and Protecting Products
Scotch-Brite® Products
3M™ Reusable Lens Cleaning Cloth is ideal for cleaning all types of lenses - eyeglasses, reading glasses, sunglasses, cameras, binoculars, and more. 3M's unique super-soft micro-texture effectively cleans without scratching delicate lenses.

GTIN(UPC/EAN) : 5 00 51111 11169 2
3M Id : 70-0708-3766-4

I have order a LCD protector from purplemoo.com, they giving me discount, not sure worth or not, haven't receive yet.....

i only use micro-fibre cloth to clean my pro 90 LCD and did not use any protector ....

Status
Not open for further replies.