How to clean my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOTUSfairy

Oct 10, 2006
Serangoon
went to oversea photo trip, place dusty and dirty, my lens now dirty and got dots of "oil"/"grease" on lens and inner side...how to clean? please advise..

thanks..

if yr lens is still under warranty, u can bring it to the service centre to gt them to help u clean. it is better n u can prevent having scratches by cleaning yrself.

cheers.

cleaning solution specifically for lens and lens tissue should do... just spray a tiny bit on the lens tissue and wipe it, after that use a dry lens tissue to clean it up.

Fairy, its the outside or the inner elements?

dun noe leh..a lot of my pixs got this dot on the same spot. thought was dust, then look at my hoya filter lens, the uv coated side like kana "scratch"?

confusing leh..

i've similar problems with my lens too.. it appears tt there're scratches. i didnt go to dusty country thou. but i know it's kinda frustrating to see ur lens got scratched..:( sad ehs...

i've similar problems with my lens too.. it appears tt there're scratches. i didnt go to dusty country thou. but i know it's kinda frustrating to see ur lens got scratched..:( sad ehs...

bad news.. i found the scratch ..it is on my kit lens...it comes with the d80 i bought..

the hoya filter len was fitted immediately when I bought the camera....
though it went into nikon centre before..(cos of my sd card slot)...
hmm....dun understand.

do i have to live with pixs with the dots in the future..

bad news.. i found the scratch ..it is on my kit lens...it comes with the d80 i bought..

the hoya filter len was fitted immediately when I bought the camera....
though it went into nikon centre before..(cos of my sd card slot)...
hmm....dun understand.

do i have to live with pixs with the dots in the future..
those dots are most probably cause by dust on your sensor... just send it to NSC for cleaning...
as for scratch... if you have attached a filter, why does your lens element still get scratched? :think:

those dots are most probably cause by dust on your sensor... just send it to NSC for cleaning...
as for scratch... if you have attached a filter, why does your lens element still get scratched? :think:

i oso scratching my head and thinking it hard lor..
dun understand too..

Status
Not open for further replies.