How to clean LCD screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
I mean the LCD monitor screen, i find some dust which is hard to get out, den some spots of dunno what stick to the screen... any solution or cleaning kits available?

I just wipe it gently with a damp cloth. cover it when not in use.

Hi, I have the same problem with Canon 10D's LCD screen. Somehow a dust particle managed to creep itself into the LCD screen. It's not a dead pixel because it can move.

I'm just wondering if you guys know how to remove/open the LCD compartment and clean the LCD.

I appreciate any comments here. Thanks.

sooyewthong said:
Hi, I have the same problem with Canon 10D's LCD screen. Somehow a dust particle managed to creep itself into the LCD screen. It's not a dead pixel because it can move.

I'm just wondering if you guys know how to remove/open the LCD compartment and clean the LCD.

I appreciate any comments here. Thanks.

I have the same problem too. Had also postd a thread last week, but seems like no one can help. :( \
If u can find a solution, pls keep me informed. Thanks!

the dear fellow is refering to computer lcd monitor...
i use an industrial cleanng cloth specially designed for lcd flat panel...

showtime said:
the dear fellow is refering to computer lcd monitor...
i use an industrial cleanng cloth specially designed for lcd flat panel...

thanks showtime for clarification... ;)

btw where to buy such industrial cleaning cloth for lcd flat panel?

the dirt is stuck underneath the plastic screen, between the LCD. I tried cleaning it on the surface, can't remove it. Dunno how it got inthere. :confused:

Someone suggected knocking, the dirt might drop to the bottom of the screen, I tried, still can't remove it.

evq said:
the dirt is stuck underneath the plastic screen, between the LCD. I tried cleaning it on the surface, can't remove it. Dunno how it got inthere. :confused:

Someone suggected knocking, the dirt might drop to the bottom of the screen, I tried, still can't remove it.

knocking might damage other part of the camera as well... its hard to remove the dust just like that, you have to dismantle the camera, which voids the warranty and worse, let in more dust to other area & also the possibility of not able to fix back...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
thanks showtime for clarification... ;)

btw where to buy such industrial cleaning cloth for lcd flat panel?

mine was not bought... obtained it from someone working in manufacturing of these panels...

I'm thinking of letting Cannon do the cleaning. But then again, for electronics stuffs, especially precision items like a camera, 'if it's not spoil, dun fix it', I'm afraid that it may not work as well as it was. I'm currently happy with this camera, no issue since 1st day. Only this dirt, in the middle of the screen. Quite annoying when viewing the playback.

Btw, very sorry Del_CtrlnoAlt, for riding on ur thread.

I emailed to Canon Australia and below is the reply from them:

Is the camera not under warranty?
Assuming, it is not and assuming it is only dust on the rear LCD, we charge the minimum labour which is $72 + GST.
If you have dead pixels in the CCD, first take it to Canon so that we may take a look. We may be able to correct the problem without replacing the CMOS. Again, minimum charge would apply.
If we need to replace the CMOS it would be $308 + GST + part (around $700).
Please note that I cannot be 100% accurate as I have not taken a look at your camera. It should be used as a guide only.

I use a 3M special cloth to wipe away dust on my screen.

As for the dust, it's almost impossible to remove it without dismantling the screen; but then again, I do not think it's worth the effort. Even if you can clean off the dust, some other will get in. Maybe we just have to live with it.

Hi,
This is a wild thought. I have had no reason to try this, but maybe someone with knowledge can inform me yes or no.
Would it be possible to draw the dust down the the bottom of the LCD screen using some device
that emits static using a downward motion.
I am not too shure as to what that static may do to other inner things.
Anyone with knowledge about this idea :dunno:

Pablo said:
Hi,
This is a wild thought. I have had no reason to try this, but maybe someone with knowledge can inform me yes or no.
Would it be possible to draw the dust down the the bottom of the LCD screen using some device
that emits static using a downward motion.
I am not too shure as to what that static may do to other inner things.
Anyone with knowledge about this idea :dunno:

Actually, quite a good idea! Static attracts dust.
But, as u'd said, how save is it to perform this... hmm. :think:

evq said:
Actually, quite a good idea! Static attracts dust.
But, as u'd said, how save is it to perform this... hmm. :think:

A thought (not to be tried) if you were to say,"draw a piece of rubber" a number of times quickly down the surface of the LCD.
Would this create enough static attraction to draw the dust down :dunno:

A problem that may happen is that it scratches the screen :cry:

As I say,"this is a wild thought at the problem" but maybe someone can give an educated view on this idea. An otherwise suggestion :dunno:

Pablo said:
A thought (not to be tried) if you were to say,"draw a piece of rubber" a number of times quickly down the surface of the LCD.
Would this create enough static attraction to draw the dust down :dunno:

A problem that may happen is that it scratches the screen :cry:

As I say,"this is a wild thought at the problem" but maybe someone can give an educated view on this idea. An otherwise suggestion :dunno:

Yeah, lets hang on & method, meanwhile we'll wait..............

Status
Not open for further replies.