how to clean focusing screen on nikon em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makotoizm

Nov 7, 2007
west side
hi everyone.. i am new to this forum. recently i bought a nikon em.

it was kinda old (older den me hahaha).. i noticed that there are specks of dusts and particles within the focusing screen.. is there any ways i could remove it?

i asked various camera shops and they said they dont provide cleaning services for these cameras anymore =(

much help appreciated.. =D

p.s. i learnt to be more careful next time..

Yes. There's a small screw at athe top of the retainer plate. Remove that and you'll be able to take the focusing screen out. However, I have to inform you that unless you're doing it in a fairly clean and dust-free environment, there's a good chance you'll get more dust in because of the amount of time needed to replace the screen, replace the retainer and screw it back together.

The dust in the viewfinder does nothing to affect picture quality. Are you sure you can't get used to it?

BTW, have you tried places like P&G camera in Peninsula Shopping Ctr? They do repairs or servicing of older manual cameras.

hi everyone.. i am new to this forum. recently i bought a nikon em.

it was kinda old (older den me hahaha).. i noticed that there are specks of dusts and particles within the focusing screen.. is there any ways i could remove it?

i asked various camera shops and they said they dont provide cleaning services for these cameras anymore =(

much help appreciated.. =D

p.s. i learnt to be more careful next time..

how abt nikon servicing centre? although they charge a lot....

I think John 3:16 or Camworkshop will do it for you at a resonable price.

Err...how much does it cost to take out one screw that's not even hidden? Took me about 5 seconds the last time I did it for a friend.

hahaha.. thanks alot for the replies! i just got it recently.. i dowan to mess with it just yet.

because of the dust, it appears that little light got in and the reflex mirror got stuck for quite a number of times whenever i take a photo in a not-so-bright environment.

i wonder if this has smth to do with the dust.. and yeah, i think i will leave it to the pros! =)

hahaha.. thanks alot for the replies! i just got it recently.. i dowan to mess with it just yet.

because of the dust, it appears that little light got in and the reflex mirror got stuck for quite a number of times whenever i take a photo in a not-so-bright environment.

i wonder if this has smth to do with the dust.. and yeah, i think i will leave it to the pros! =)

Dust does not have anything to do with the mirror stuck.
Drop by at my place and I will show you how to clean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.