How to Clean finger print on Slide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catch

Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
Hi all.

There are some finger print on my slide, is there a way to remove them?

must the slide be keep in a dry cabinet or dry box to prolong its color?

catch said:
Hi all.

There are some finger print on my slide, is there a way to remove them?

must the slide be keep in a dry cabinet or dry box to prolong its color?

Slides can be prolonged by a few factors:

1. Low humidity of 40-50%
2. Low temperture of 25 degrees or even lower at 10 or lower, hence the lower the longer it can be kept in theory
3. Away from sunlight, which may affect the way the slide is originally.

I am not sure of the finger prints, but it will damage the slide over time somehow.

Can probably wash with soapy water, make sure you rinse it throughly. Test on a junk slide first though. And dont touch it when it's drying.

Soapy water !!! :nono:

Try Running tap water on the surface of the slides.

actually thought of using len cleaning paper with small little amount of water to carefully wipe away the fingerprint.

but worried it might spoilt my slide...

catch said:
actually thought of using len cleaning paper with small little amount of water to carefully wipe away the fingerprint.

but worried it might spoilt my slide...

Lens cleaning tissue/paper shld be okay, IMHO, since they do not scratch the surface and are lint-free (do not leave a residue, like fine cotton fibres, behind).

But not the Lens Cleaning solution though, might be harmful.

SNAG said:
If you are really serious about cleaning them ,get the PEC 12 solution at CP. Not sure about the price.

http://www.photosol.com/tecpec.htm

Geez, those aint cheap.

I got a PEC cleaning solution (not sure if its PEC-12), I think its the Sensor Swabs for CCD cleaning with the PEC-pads...
12 pcs of Pads with a bottle of solution for S$90!!!

I got a feeling the PEC-12 isnt that cheap too.

Hmm...If it wasnt for the stupid Mistake I made. I wont have paid so much for it.

(I used a Lens Cleaning Solution on a S1's CCD and it ended up giving me some sort of "water stain" mark on the CCD
I was horrified, thinking the CCD is a goner! bought the damn CCD cleaning solution for $90!!! and I wiped the CCD using the Sensor Swab and the stain marks went away. was soo relief. )

Use the PEC-12 emulsion cleaner with Pec-Pad,is mainly for cleanign slide but before use,read the instruction carefully.

Winston said:
Geez, those aint cheap.

I got a PEC cleaning solution (not sure if its PEC-12), I think its the Sensor Swabs for CCD cleaning with the PEC-pads...
12 pcs of Pads with a bottle of solution for S$90!!!

I got a feeling the PEC-12 isnt that cheap too.

Hmm...If it wasnt for the stupid Mistake I made. I wont have paid so much for it.

(I used a Lens Cleaning Solution on a S1's CCD and it ended up giving me some sort of "water stain" mark on the CCD
I was horrified, thinking the CCD is a goner! bought the damn CCD cleaning solution for $90!!! and I wiped the CCD using the Sensor Swab and the stain marks went away. was soo relief. )

You should be referring to the Eclipse Cleaning Solution. That costs $18. I've amended the post to $28... :)

As what sabahan has said, it's better to play safe by cleaning a small inconspicious portion of the slide before cleaning it all... Just in case.

Run it through with runing water, leave it in a clean and dry place to air dry. Cleaning with solution or cloths or paper might scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.