how to clean cooking pot.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
i got a stupid question. see the image below :

snc00136p.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5073/snc00136p.jpg

if detergent cannot be used, then how am i suppose to wash if oily?

Last edited:
wipe off the oil with paper hand towel. Then wash it will water.

You will be amazed what the humble paper hand towel can do :)

Dish-washer detergent =/= hand-washing detergent.

Dish-washer detergent is obviously many times stronger than hand-washing detergent.

Last edited:
I would hope that dishwashing detergent would affect the surface--and clean it but dishwasher detergent may not be good for it but then, many pots I've seen say "top rack only" so the non-stick finish won't wear prematurely.

Dont mind me, I am just being lame here -

You actually dont have to worry about the dishwasher detergent. Coz Point #2 says ALWAYS WASH PRODUCT BY HAND AFTER USE.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Unless.....you are using dishwasher detergent by hand :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Dont mind me, I am just being lame here -

You actually dont have to worry about the dishwasher detergent. Coz Point #2 says ALWAYS WASH PRODUCT BY HAND AFTER USE.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Unless.....you are using dishwasher detergent by hand :bsmilie:

You could always wash it in the dishwasher by hand without turning it on or closing it.

You think maybe it's just a bad English translation. I see enough of them.

eh.. how come frying pans also got instruction manuals nowadays?
does it mean we're getting stupid, or is technology getting too advanced? :eek:

re-read again. it says dishwashing detergent. it doesn't say anything about normal detergent.

you may want to google the difference between dishwashing detergent and normal detergent.

alternatively, call the consumer hotline at 1800-yourproductsucks.

if you take a walk in the supermarket, you will notice that dish washing sponge also got different types. 3M have one that is specially created for teflon coated surface that is tough enough to remove burnt marks and yet will not scratch.

Also there are dishwashing liquid that are mild enough for your hands. If they are mild enough for your hands, they are mild enough for coated surfaces.

Take a walk in the household, not just the beer section :)

BTW TS, what lens did you use to take this snap of the manual. How come the center has magenta and the botton has cyan tint?

Last edited:
Actually to me i think i will just use any dish washing detergent.
It say can affect .... but well ....

Anyway - like previous post, many non-stick pans can just wipe clean with kitchen towel paper and rinse with water wipe dry thats it ... demo ppls at shopping centre always say that too.

but in unintentional occasions of burnt or unintentional stains u also got no choice.

If its those stainless steel type of super expensive pot,wok,pan, they will provide certain polishing powder for the exterior.... .

Adding on: If u aren't using detergent to wash then please remember to wash after cooking and don't wait till all the remaining dried and struck at the pan ... alternatively, after cooking and pouring the food into your dish right, pour water into the pot let it stay till the pot is cooler for you to do the rinsing ... and wiping.

I shall go and check if my pots got such manuals!~! ... i think i simply took them for granted!!

Last edited:
re-read again. it says dishwashing detergent. it doesn't say anything about normal detergent.

you may want to google the difference between dishwashing detergent and normal detergent.

alternatively, call the consumer hotline at 1800-yourproductsucks.

Maybe, you should re-read it because that's not what it says. ;)

If its those stainless steel type of super expensive pot,wok,pan, they will provide certain polishing powder for the exterior.... .

!!

Wonder if such Grade316 SS cooking ware would make your food taste better.........:bsmilie: If not careful, still got burnt marks, scratches and so on......

Just like those CZ lenses might give you better pictures.......:think:

well, it says "dishwashing detergent CAN affect the surface"; it didn't say "dishwashing detergent WILL affect the surface"

it also never say "can not" or "should not" or "should avoid" dishwashing detergent lei.

to me, it means, you can use dishwashing detergent, but if anything happen, you can't blame them, can't sue them....;)

for non-stick pan/pot, I been washing them with dishwashing detergant (Mama lemon type) and a sponge; so far no problem.

btw, there are a few types of non-stick, do stay away from Telfon coated ones. Google "nonstick Teflon health" and you can get the details. :thumbsd: