how to 'clean' a dirty window ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
yesterday i took a picture thru a glass window and thought the dirty window wouldnt affect me too much since it didnt appear very dusty
the dirty window is something like when after the water on the glass has dried up and leaving some residue

when i got back home..the images turned out to be not just very 'dirty' and also thanks to the camera's super smart focusing..it focused on the window's dirt rather than the sunset i was trying to capture..
so not only was the residue so evident, it was prefectly focused!!!! ;( ;( ;( ;( :angry: :angry: :angry:

any idea how to clean it up ?

acetylcholine said:
yesterday i took a picture thru a glass window and thought the dirty window wouldnt affect me too much since it didnt appear very dusty
the dirty window is something like when after the water on the glass has dried up and leaving some residue

when i got back home..the images turned out to be not just very 'dirty' and also thanks to the camera's super smart focusing..it focused on the window's dirt rather than the sunset i was trying to capture..
so not only was the residue so evident, it was prefectly focused!!!! ;( ;( ;( ;( :angry: :angry: :angry:

any idea how to clean it up ?

Take the shot again

acetylcholine said:
how to CLEAN it up?

In your post you said the camera focused on the dirt rite? So don't you think the only way is to take the shot again? I reckon the subject (through the dirty window) is probably not in focus?

I'm sorry some shots just can't be rescued.

actually are you trying to find out on how to clean the window physically or are you trying to clean up ur shot on the window? :dunno:

acetylcholine said:
how to CLEAN it up?

very vague question... :rolleyes:

bja said:
actually are you trying to find out on how to clean the window physically or are you trying to clean up ur shot on the window? :dunno:

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaa :bsmilie:

to help see the problem more clearly, its best you post the picture.

bja said:

was that supposed to be funny ? :think:

sometimes plain water can't do much about the stains. Or, you can buy those cleaning liquid meant for windows, usually work.

Drudkh said:
sometimes plain water can't do much about the stains. Or, you can buy those cleaning liquid meant for windows, usually work.

Come on guys, give him a break...

acetylcholine said:
was that supposed to be funny ? :think:

no it was a serious question... coz the way u phrased ur question made me think that it might be either?
anyway no offense intended okay.. :confused:

mmm..there is a tool called the cloning tool in PS....it helps...put it to a feather edge and hit it .....but if the image is really off focus...i cant help you man...i know wat you are getting at cos i did have similar problems with a dirty lens.....so i have to clean it up in PS...other than that...yah man...let the rest....use newspaper and cleaning fluid...:p

How about using a cloning tool to CLEAN the dirt.... then using Unsharp Mask to make the object (currently blur?) a bit sharp ?.... however, it's always best to re-take the picture again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.