How to choose clothes for TFCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
I will be doing a small TFCD for 3 of my sch mates.But i'm not into potraits or model shoots,but im willing to try.It seems that clothes is a important factor.I tried google-ing it a few times but there were no results.I wish that some pros here can give me some input.

I thought that these few physical apperances might cause a difference in results.
1st girl: 153cm,skinny,fair,cheerful. Not sure bout all their vitals though(paiseh ask)

2nd girl:Around 165cm?Skinny,tan cheerful too.

3rd.153cm chubby fair cheerful as well.

The location is MacRitchie resevoir.Timing would be 8.30 in the morning to 10-11 then continue from 4-7pm

Any inputs on acessories?
I do know that the hair gotta be neat,the nails gotta be clean and the bra strap thing.They have been notified

Thanks bros

Styling isn't a strong point of many photographers.

Don't assume that subjects know for sure what's required. There's a huge difference between what many, many perceive as 'looking good' and 'good looking/stylish', and what is required at a shoot.

What I would suggest is consulting someone whose taste in clothes and accessories you trust, rope in his/her help and then look at these three factors:

1) Theme/mood/feel of the shoot you're going to do

2) The look and expressions of each subject, besides physical attributes

3) Wadrobe and accessory availability

Sit down and discuss the above with your team right at the beginning, then once a direction is decided, ask whoever is helping you style to work with the subjects to source for clothes and accessories and put together a few options. Do a review, make changes as necessary and then proceed.

Hopefully, this would free you from styling issues leaving you to concentrate on photographic and technical issues. Don't forget, if your subjects haven't done actual shoots before, get them to look up shoot and past episodes of ANTM videos on youtube and practise their poses till they can do it comfortably infront of a bunch of ah-peks at a wet-market or in the middle of Orchard Road.

Sounds like a lot of work? Yes. Many won't agree with my approach and debunk it. Use whatever approach works for you. :)

All the best in your shoot! ;)

Yea will try to consult someone with a fashion sense. But Is there any colour that will backfire? I once saw a pic with the moller wearing white jeans and many complained that it was too glAring

Status
Not open for further replies.