How to check whether a lab recycles their chemicals?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#1
How do you tell whether a photo mini-lab recycles their chemicals?

Please do not suggest going to a pro lab like RGB. :D
 

#2
Originally posted by Bean
How do you tell whether a photo mini-lab recycles their chemicals?

Please do not suggest going to a pro lab like RGB. :D
Go to a pro lab / semi pro lab. Why waste your time and efforts? When your stuff comes back with sub-par results, you know that recycled chemicals might just be one of the reasons.... but that will be too late.

Regards
CK
 

Bean

New Member
Apr 16, 2002
781
0
0
www.pbase.com
#3
Originally posted by ckiang
Go to a pro lab / semi pro lab. Why waste your time and efforts? When your stuff comes back with sub-par results, you know that recycled chemicals might just be one of the reasons.... but that will be too late.
This advise many of us have heard many times before, that's why I mentioned do not suggest going to a pro lab like RGB. :D

What I will like to know is if a lab does recycle chemical, how do we tell from the negatives, positives, prints etc...? :dunno:

:)
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by Bean
This advise many of us have heard many times before, that's why I mentioned do not suggest going to a pro lab like RGB. :D

What I will like to know is if a lab does recycle chemical, how do we tell from the negatives, positives, prints etc...? :dunno:

:)
is it impt? I mean if u have one bad experience with poor prints then u wd not go back whatever their problem was, recycled water/bad handling/colourblind etc..

go back stanley lor when he's not busy doing prints for schools... *unless*...:eek: :eek:
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,548
0
0
56
Perth Australia
#7
Originally posted by Bean
How do you tell whether a photo mini-lab recycles their chemicals?
Recycling chemicals .. not a problem I've ever encountered, however a far more common problem is stale chemicals in labs that don't do much processing.
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#8
Just to ask one question (kinda OT) here..


If lets say that a roll of shot film is left over a relatively long period of time (eg ard 4 mths), and it is then sent for processing, will the sharpness of the pictures degrade?

Or will only the colour degrade? (sorry for the broken English.. :) )
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,548
0
0
56
Perth Australia
#9
Originally posted by SNAG
Just to ask one question (kinda OT) here..


If lets say that a roll of shot film is left over a relatively long period of time (eg ard 4 mths), and it is then sent for processing, will the sharpness of the pictures degrade?

Or will only the colour degrade? (sorry for the broken English.. :) )
It can happen if the film becomes "heat effected", that is exposed to long periods of time of moderate to high temperatures.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom