How to check my cam when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Ok...

just now Im too anxious to take the photo at my DJ set when the sunset lighning shine on it. Just when I wanna hook on my tripod, the catch give way and dropped ON THE FLOOR!!!

It hit my UV filter and everything is dented! My UV filter cracked! $35 gone!

Now its stuck with my adaptor and I cant take out. Going to bring to camera shop take out for me. :(

Lucky that my internal FZ20 lens is not crack and my LCD is still safe. I on and off the camera, checked all my mode. Snap it. Everything is fine.

Other then that, what else must I look out for to check my camera incase something bad happen?? Anyone???

BAD LUCK TODAY!!!!! Tmr going to spend big time money, Hope my adapter is fine! Simply cant take out as it is STUCKED. SOB!!!!!

oh dear, hopefully rest is fine with the cam.

Seen this drop twice on Lumix, once a FZ1 with the the free tele at the zoo where the tele is too heavy for the original adapter and do not fit with it perfectly. Same thing happened here only the UV filter crack, the cam and tele was fine.

The other time is my former FZ10 dropped from my camera bag in the tour bus in Korea, but luckyly it have carpet which soften the fall - ie. no dent/scrach,etc. However, after taking a few shots, the LCD keep jumping such that I cannot view as it look like spoilt computer monitor - keep blinking.

Sent to Panasonic service centre and they just upgrade the firmware and it is ok - no charges.

Maybe to make sure it is fine, take a couple of shots to see if everythind is fine.

Worst case send to Panasonic service for a check up.
Good luck.

josho said:
Ok...

just now Im too anxious to take the photo at my DJ set when the sunset lighning shine on it. Just when I wanna hook on my tripod, the catch give way and dropped ON THE FLOOR!!!

It hit my UV filter and everything is dented! My UV filter cracked! $35 gone!

Now its stuck with my adaptor and I cant take out. Going to bring to camera shop take out for me. :(

Lucky that my internal FZ20 lens is not crack and my LCD is still safe. I on and off the camera, checked all my mode. Snap it. Everything is fine.

Other then that, what else must I look out for to check my camera incase something bad happen?? Anyone???

BAD LUCK TODAY!!!!! Tmr going to spend big time money, Hope my adapter is fine! Simply cant take out as it is STUCKED. SOB!!!!!

Check your zoom and see if it jurks when you are either zooming in or out.

Sad to hear that josho! :(

Like Howdy said, better bring to Panasonic for a check even if it is ok cos they have technicians who know exactly what to look out for and test for! Hope everything is ok!

Thanks all! Tmr I be bringing to the camera shop to test out whether if there's any problem or not. Pray hardly for that.

Just hope my adapter is fine too if not there goes my money.
:cry:

Josh, am sorry to hear about the fall...

Since your are planning to buy the convertor, I suggest you don't but the 62mm filter, maybe gat a stepdown ring and the 58mm filter...

I think we all got to be extra carefull in handling our camera... you never knows, something similar to this can happen to anyone of us...

BTW, if you need the 62mm filter, I can pass mine to you... Just msg me...

If that adapter freaking gone case. I think i straight away get 58mm bah. aint sure man... need to check out the len also..

Anyway, 6T is 58mm or 62mm?

I just realise I might need a step up to 62mm if Im getting 58mm. Because of the Marco Len which i just order with john..
Wahliew.. Now hoping that adapter BOH TAI CHI :think:

AustinDMaestro said:
JOSH!!! SIMI?? Issit WT tripod fault siah??

No no.. cfm not.. Its the thing that attach to ur cam and need to hook on the tripod. Just at the time my room is gettin dark and Im too anxious till Inever fix in properly and close the hatch. So the entire plate give way and 'Kiss' my wonderful floor.. :bsmilie:

Look like I still can laugh ard.. Just pray hard that Richard of M.P. can solve my problem. Mayb I can get my Polariser there at damn cheap price.. :dunno:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

OUCH... have u tried taking shots with the camera...? shake the camera see got sound inside or notz... 6T is 62mm thread...

So now wat the UV ring stuck to the adapter issit...??? the adapter looks like made from steel to me... not aluminium... so i guess the adaptor should be okie...

Any lastest update about the conditon of the the camera....

oh yah... i got my CP from MS today... Got the cheap one... Tokina 62mm... Cost me 28 dollars... Kope the last remaining... i got a feeling tat other pple can get it at 25... haaa... The uncle everytime out to tok pple one... juz now quote me 35... win liao loz....

:bsmilie: U cham leh u..

The sound is just the sound of shutter sound lor... Need to let them check first... cant wait for the shop to open and settle for my cam.

Yah my adapter is aluminum..but.. the most imptnt is the thread! If the thread is spoilt.that's it for me.. :thumbsd: luck siah

:angel: :angel: where r u :think:

Josho...

Canon is calling out to you... heheheee... 28 for a Tokina CP looks not bad... Made in Japan Hor... Hoya is made by Tokina oso mahz...

Got 58mm adaptors around...??? Phayee tube is Al...?? Looks more like steel to me... haaa... steel is cheaper...

U all bad frenz.... i haben learn inside out of FZ, so fast chase me away. LOL

Josho, get another Phayee(if yours is spoilt) is cheaper than getting all your accessories again to fit 58mm or 55mm. Btw, 6T is 62mm and so is 5T. Just wait and see if there's any wrong to the main body and functions and then see about that.

Don't get filter that need to use another step up/down ring, quite leh-che ya know. JMO.

Should look at the better side that you have the adaptor that takes the bulk of the fall impact.

Wish you all the best.

Alas! josho, so soon drop your precious liao? Always have the strap round your neck when using it la!

Hope no repair required on the FZ20. Good luck.... :sweat:

At home mah... Haizz. once bitten twice shy.. better in ultra careful.. haben send my camera to the shop yet. Of coz im hoping nothing goes wrong for the cam internally :sweat:

If Adapter gone case, I really :cry: Gotta pour everything out to get new UV filter / Polariser, Adapter.. OMG

Anyway, can someone tell me regarding of UV filter? Whats the differences in btw of Single & Double Layer of UV filter? Thank you! :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.