How to check for shutter count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlefoot

Apr 20, 2004
Hi all,

I'm using a D70. Would like to find out how can I check the shutter count of the cam, ie number of shots already taken. It's purely out of curiosity as I see ads stating the shutter counts and wondering how they know?

Thanks in advance.

If ur D70 CF file writing is set to sequence, then the cumulative number will indicate your shutter count. You could also bring down to nikon service centre to ask them to check for you.

Why doesn't nikon allow us to know how many shutter releases were fired since the camera was manufactured ?

They use that kind of info to promote their F5 with 1.092K successful shutters. Why can't we know it ? Its just like your car mileage meter, what's wrong with that ? (hehe maybe comparing applez with orangez)

kfeng said:
Why doesn't nikon allow us to know how many shutter releases were fired since the camera was manufactured ?

They use that kind of info to promote their F5 with 1.092K successful shutters. Why can't we know it ? Its just like your car mileage meter, what's wrong with that ? (hehe maybe comparing applez with orangez)

Just like car, the value of the car decreases with increasing mileage. In simple term, do you really want people to know your exact shutter count when you are selling your camera 2nd hand? ;)

shutterbug said:
Just like car, the value of the car decreases with increasing mileage. In simple term, do you really want people to know your exact shutter count when you are selling your camera 2nd hand? ;)

if i am the seller i will tell one. just like the way i read the code on the EF lens mount to know what year the lens is made in

if i am buyer then i dont mind being told of the shutter count too

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.