how to change the DX code on film canister

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
hi guys, need your help, i have a camera that cant override the DX code. so got to modify the DX code on film canister, can anyone pls advice the black and chrome pattern for all the iso? thanks.

yes, i read it, but dont understand

Finally, the exposure latitude is indicated by positions 11-12. Latitude is used by some automatic processors for print film, but is not relavent to slide film (note that the Kodak Gold film in the above photo shows that it has +3 to -1 stop latitude).

does that means i can leave it alone while changing the iso? because it says here it is not relavent to slides, but what about true black and white, color, C41 black and white neg?

thanks.

yes, i read it, but dont understand

Finally, the exposure latitude is indicated by positions 11-12. Latitude is used by some automatic processors for print film, but is not relavent to slide film (note that the Kodak Gold film in the above photo shows that it has +3 to -1 stop latitude).

does that means i can leave it alone while changing the iso? because it says here it is not relavent to slides, but what about true black and white, color, C41 black and white neg?

thanks.

Don't think that's relevant for cameras, so it should not matter. Anyway, leaving it at +3 ~ -1 should be ok for most negs.

i just refer to a proper DX film canister and modify my bulk rolled from there. If it need to be black, just cut a small piece of masking tape and paste over the white (metal). if it need to be white, i will just scrap off the black paint. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.