how to change background

Status
Not open for further replies.

desaintlights

May 28, 2008
Hi to all sifu and master....

Greeting to everyone. Is there a faster way / better way to change this pic background to something like a studio background as if this photo is shot in studio ? Is masking the only way ?

Hope that sifu-sifu and master-master will be kind enough to enlighten me. Thanks.

372896530_d6wmP-L.jpg

Bigger pic is HERE.

(Mod, I posted a slightly bigger pic here for use when pimp.)

Thanks everyone. I wish you a happy day ahead. Cheers.

First off, it'll be difficult to totally make it a studio-styled (with white/black bg) shot because the edges of her body are reflecting the tan-colored light, and her hair is not the smooth-stick-together-at-the-end kind.

Here's the best I can do for in under a minute. Magic-brush to select the tan colored BG, inverse selection, Duplicate layer. So now she's on the upper layer. Fill the bottom layer with the color you want. I did a feather blurring job to hide the sharpness of the selection. Notice the hair and everything has problems?

372896530d6wmpx3pr7.jpg

I'm sure spending a few minutes or hours with the eraser brush @ 100% or 300% will eventually bring about a good edit.

something like this......

291270189_TBZAR-M.jpg

i spent 2 days doing... i am more like hoping a faster way since the background is almost similar color...

Is there a faster way / better way to change this pic background to something like a studio background as if this photo is shot in studio ? Is masking the only way?

I don't know of a better or faster way than masking. (There's no image on your link to a larger image.)

There are countless ways to build a mask. You didn't mention what sofware you're using. If you have Photoshop CS3, the quick select tool will find most of the edges on this image.

bgreplace2ll0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.