How to carry a tripod with the head?


Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

New Member
Jan 5, 2005
550
0
0
42
PR
#1
Hi all,

I just bought a Manfrotto 190PROB tripod and 141RC head. But I do not have a bag for it nor a strap.

Can I ask how do you guys carry your tripod and the head?
Espcially from those who uses 190PROB + 141RC.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
 

kevyan

New Member
Jan 5, 2005
550
0
0
42
PR
#4
binbeto said:
There is a manfrotto tripod strap for this purpose.

Or, you can just carry it by one of the leg.
Wah.... carrying it by one of the leg with the head attached is a bit heavy leh....

Don't think my arm is that strong to carry it for a long period of time...
 

nickmak

Senior Member
Apr 16, 2004
2,358
0
0
31
London, UK
www.pbase.com
#6
It can be done. Gives you a good workout too, especially with the conviniences of modern life it makes people lazy and less fit. Treat it as a mobile gym.
 

RossChang

New Member
May 2, 2004
1,549
0
0
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
#8
nickmak said:
It can be done. Gives you a good workout too, especially with the conviniences of modern life it makes people lazy and less fit. Treat it as a mobile gym.
So, you still working out with your 190ProB + 486RC + 1DMk2 + 70-200 F2.8L?... tat's a good gym replacement...
 

patch17

New Member
Jun 30, 2003
728
0
0
here and there
#9
open up one of the legs about a 1/4 of the way and sling it over your shoulder. with a bit of adjusting, i find i can carry my slik 500DX for long periods without much discomfort.
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
43
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
#10
kevyan said:
Wah.... carrying it by one of the leg with the head attached is a bit heavy leh....

Don't think my arm is that strong to carry it for a long period of time...
Shouldn't be a problem Just need a bit of getting used to. You served NS already? Like carrying a M16 mah. Lay it on the floor when you have the chance to rest your arm.

I hold the adjusting handle on the 141RC much like holding an umbrella somtimes.
 

nickmak

Senior Member
Apr 16, 2004
2,358
0
0
31
London, UK
www.pbase.com
#11
RossChang said:
So, you still working out with your 190ProB + 486RC + 1DMk2 + 70-200 F2.8L?... tat's a good gym replacement...
Haha! Yeap! :bsmilie:

Seriously, I'm getting some seriously sizable muscles from carrying that lot around... :bigeyes:
 

kevyan

New Member
Jan 5, 2005
550
0
0
42
PR
#12
Okay, looks like I need to do some work out... :sweat:

M16, yah.... been there, carried that. Now, go back for reservist, carry the SAR21, slightly heavier lah.... But both of them have rifle sling leh....

Maybe I should also go and buy the OPTECH tripod strap.

Anyone knows why I can be the OPTECH tripod strap beside CP? CP selling at
$30. Can get any cheaper?
 

#13
My manfrotto 190 with I think one of the larger heads (3 rubber levelers) is usually carried around by way of the Manfrotto sling or the black manfrotto bag (minus the head) But if I am shooting on the move and have little time to pack and unpack for each location (which can be every 10 steps or so) then I will have my camera attached to it and I would carry the whole tripod+camera slung over my shoulder like a rifle. Took some getting use to but you have to get use to it and that includes mentally too if not you start to "talk yourself" out of taking it along each time you want to go out to shot and you know you would need it and there might be some night or late evening shots. I regretted it so many times. So I motivated myself to do it by throwing away all my small and tiny tripod. Just grab it and leave the house to go shoot whether I need it or not. After sometime, you just dont mind it...it only bothers me again if I have like gone into hibernation for a few months from photography..then re-starting is like BMT all over again heh. But suffice to say, a good heavy tripod with a good solid camera head will make your shots all the better...as you see shots gets more sharper, you can take more longer exposure shots with more confidence..etc.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#14
kevyan said:
Okay, looks like I need to do some work out... :sweat:

M16, yah.... been there, carried that. Now, go back for reservist, carry the SAR21, slightly heavier lah.... But both of them have rifle sling leh....

Maybe I should also go and buy the OPTECH tripod strap.

Anyone knows why I can be the OPTECH tripod strap beside CP? CP selling at
$30. Can get any cheaper?
ms color..they might sell cheaper to you ;)
 

kevyan

New Member
Jan 5, 2005
550
0
0
42
PR
#15
madmacs said:
ms color..they might sell cheaper to you ;)
Oh, okay.

But can you advise me on the address of MS Colour?

Thank you. :D
 

pai

New Member
Nov 24, 2004
1,699
0
0
Lala Land
www.flickr.com
#16
http://www.mscolor.com.sg/

Main Outlet - Ang Mo Kio (Central)
Block 711 #01-3501C
Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8
Singapore 560711
Tel: (65) 6457 6380
Fax: (65) 6455 2695

Branches - Yishun
Blk 102 #01-129
Yishun Ave 5,
Singapore 760102
Tel: (65) 6758 0538
Fax: (65) 6758 5778

(Business Hours : 11.00 am ~ 9.00 pm)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom