How to capture the car drifting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
anyone can tech me ?? wat len i need ? a tripod? or monopod?:think: thx!!:embrass:

joey91 said:
anyone can tech me ?? wat len i need ? a tripod? or monopod?:think: thx!!:embrass:
I believe you're referring to panning shots... It really depends on how fast the car is moving and the lens you use.

u want to see the the background blur.. use panning...
if u wan to see the subject moving(blur).. then play around with shutter speed with a good tripod...
haha.. or use video cam like one has suggested.. heh

u need a tripod (best w/ pan&tilt head). use a slow shutter spd, pick vehicles tt r not so close (not tt they will bang u down lar:bsmilie: , but d further a moving vehicle d easier 4 ur cam 2 lock focus).

pls try not 2 use flash, it is a traffic hazard. v distracting 4 drivers / motorists. :)

sORe-EyEz said:
u need a tripod (best w/ pan&tilt head). use a slow shutter spd, pick vehicles tt r not so close (not tt they will bang u down lar:bsmilie: , but d further a moving vehicle d easier 4 ur cam 2 lock focus).

pls try not 2 use flash, it is a traffic hazard. v distracting 4 drivers / motorists. :)

Agree! :thumbsup:

thx bros!!! i only hv 70-300mm G ,50mm n 10-20mm,a monopod, suit for panning??:think: or i need to buy a tripod...??:think:

how abt the setting??

you can do panning handheld or with monopod. what kind of drifting are you looking at? freeze shots? panning only looks nice of vehicles moving in a particular direction and speed IMO

+evenstar said:
you can do panning handheld or with monopod. what kind of drifting are you looking at? freeze shots? panning only looks nice of vehicles moving in a particular direction and speed IMO

i also dunno!! maybe when the car is moving,n i capture it n the background is blur... tat pics call panning!! rite??:think:

your 70-200 G is enuf for panning. shutter speed should be around 1/60 or 125. this speed is mainly for cars with speed of 60km/h. if your car is those on racing tracks, it will be about 1/500.

hmm really interesting so that means the faster the car is moving the faster the shutter has to be?in order to freeze the car and make the background blur..gotta try it out

Redsun said:
hmm really interesting so that means the faster the car is moving the faster the shutter has to be?in order to freeze the car and make the background blur..gotta try it out

ya cos if the car too fast, 1/60 is hard to get a gd pan. so the shutter speed has to be relative to the car speed too, to get a gd pan. thatz wat i think la. :dunno: :bsmilie:

use ur telly zoom, u can try w/ monopod, but got tripod betta.

u may like 2 use zone fucusing- pre-focus d approx distance den lock ur focus 2 take ur panning pics.

increasing the shutter speed mite jus freeze the car n no blurring...

but if the car is too fast, u increase the shutter speed by abit so as to reduce the panning time/movement....

do correct me if im wrong...:)

dreamerz said:
increasing the shutter speed mite jus freeze the car n no blurring...

but if the car is too fast, u increase the shutter speed by abit so as to reduce the panning time/movement....

do correct me if im wrong...:)

yup agreed. ya gotta try out the shutter speeds to find out what is the optimum shutter speed. and i guess it comes with experience. panning takes lots of practice.

DSLR also can

911.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.