How to capture rainbow colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi!
Did anyone ever capture rainbow colour before?
It is very seldom happen to see one after raining
if you happen to see one and capture its colour, can you share with me
your experience? It may not be the one after raining. I've just seen it but not able to capture and show everyone. So I would like to learnt a better way of doing it. thank you very much.
Cheers,

hhho said:
Hi!
Did anyone ever capture rainbow colour before?
It is very seldom happen to see one after raining
if you happen to see one and capture its colour, can you share with me
your experience? It may not be the one after raining. I've just seen it but not able to capture and show everyone. So I would like to learnt a better way of doing it. thank you very much.
Cheers,

13090Rainbow.jpg

Got this when I was in Aceh a couple of weeks back. Its quite amazing the number of rainbows we can see while there. Sometimes, we even get to ssee double rainbows.

Well, of all the shots I have, I feel this is the best I have.

It is the rain thing. You need a light drizzle to keep the water in the air to enable the sunlight to be refracted.

This was taken during and after a drizzle-ly afternoon in Victoria, AU:

rainbow.jpg

During or shortly after a drizzle or light rain are best. But, it's like everything else, right place right time. :)

you don't really go hunting for rainbow....it's pretty much a zen thing.....it comes to you! the magic of rainbows!

Wow! you guys all are very lucky to capture rainbow while travelling overseas
I remember only one or twice to see rainbow like that in my childhood days.
Rainbow can also find near to a waterfall like this one but it is not obvious

6657P1260739_copy.jpg

any tips or method that we can capture it properly?
Cheers,

Took a shot of this phenomenon in late 2003 using a Nikon CoolPix 3500 in auto mode. Unlike the rest of the earlier posts rain was not involved.
:think:
16115phenomenon.jpg

Heh, check out
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=51332

Rainbows are science afterall, so although it happens by nature and chance, we can maximise our chances of seeing it. They are best seen early mornings or late afternoons, and always look for it away from the sun.

What I hope to catch is a moonbow..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.