How to capture Photo with bright background

Status
Not open for further replies.

cairnjose

Apr 19, 2007
Bed ok
Hi all, I'm new here. I was wondering how to capture photo like this? :think: I'm using a Nikon D40X with AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II . TIA

Sorry, what i mean is that the object is totally black while the background is bright, e.g. sunset. Thanks!

If you want the "dark" subject to be visible, use fill-flash. Otherwise, meter on the sunset.

Hope the following helps... :)

1) Silhouette shots
Meter the background, take note of the reading (shutter speed, aperature). Dial to manual mode, focus and shoot the subject without the use of flash.

2) Get the subject well exposed as well as the background
Same as above, but use flash. You can attempt to you reflector. Btw, easier said than to be done.

3) Get the subject well exposed but background totally blown out
Take metering and focus on the subject and just shoot. Flash/reflector can still be used.

Hope the following helps... :)

1) Silhouette shots
Meter the background, take note of the reading (shutter speed, aperature). Dial to manual mode, focus and shoot the subject without the use of flash.

2) Get the subject well exposed as well as the background
Same as above, but use flash. You can attempt to you reflector. Btw, easier said than to be done.

3) Get the subject well exposed but background totally blown out
Take metering and focus on the subject and just shoot. Flash/reflector can still be used.

Silhouette! That's the right word to use, been thinking about the right word to explain what i want. :bsmilie: Thanks! Will experiment.

Hi Patrick,
:thumbsup:

Very nice capture. I think you are leaps and bounds above the rest of us (our classmates), you went straight to university, when I am still stuck in primary school. :bsmilie:

One day must tag along, how you find all these great butterflies ah? I can't seem to see any around. :sweat:

Anyway, I am very happy to see your images.
Take care buddy.

../azul123

Hi! Zul

How do you do? nice to receive your comments.

Where else can I go? All these shots taken from AHBT.

ya, one day we gather the rest and go for shooting

I still keeping our group contact number

Cheers,

Thanks for all the advice. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.