how to capture nice party/disco photos

sallybinges

Aug 26, 2010
hello everyone i just got a canon s95 and i was wondering what would be a recommended customised settings to capture nice party photos (i.e beautiful, colorful streaks of light)

there are no magic settings in photography,
understand the basics, practise the basics and soon you'll know what to do at a given situation to get the desirable effects that you are looking for

hello everyone i just got a canon s95 and i was wondering what would be a recommended customised settings to capture nice party photos (i.e beautiful, colorful streaks of light)
mmm i think you're talking about those photos with light streaks right. if your camera has a slow shutter speed sync then turn it on, use your flash and shoot, and basically wave your camera around to capture the light streaks. if you're talking about light painting its a different story, you'll need a tripod and a slow exposure.

contgrats on your new buy, now you just have to get into those places, start shooting randomly and select the best out of them.