How to calibrate monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by KoolBlue
How to calibrate my monitor?

Thank U :D

Expensive (best) way: Buy a monitor calibration tool like the ColorVision Monitor Spyder ($299 for the CRT version at CP) with software. The thing plugs into your USB port and attaches to your monitor via suction cups, then the software outputs known colour patches to the monitor, and the sypder thingie reads the colour back in for calibration. If you are serious about colour calibration, this is the one to get.

Cheap way: Use the Adobe Gamma utility supplied with Photoshop and calibrate "by eye".

Regards
CK

got 1 problem...my pics look ok on my lcd monitor but they look a bit dark on normal monitors...how do i fix this problem?

Originally posted by baiyun
got 1 problem...my pics look ok on my lcd monitor but they look a bit dark on normal monitors...how do i fix this problem?

Nothing much you can do, particularly with cheaper LCD monitors whose contrast/brightness changes with viewing angle. If you are using one of the better ones, then calibrate it well.

Regards
CK

if your monitor is dark but your print-out is ok..what could you do?
i think you know the answer..;)

Originally posted by ckiang

Expensive (best) way: Buy a monitor calibration tool like the ColorVision Monitor Spyder ($299 for the CRT version at CP) with software. The thing plugs into your USB port and attaches to your monitor via suction cups, then the software outputs known colour patches to the monitor, and the sypder thingie reads the colour back in for calibration. If you are serious about colour calibration, this is the one to get.

Cheap way: Use the Adobe Gamma utility supplied with Photoshop and calibrate "by eye".

Regards
CK
may i know where to find this Adobe Gamma ulitlity?
i cant find it in PS...
i just got myself a new LCD display and the white is just too bright for me..

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
may i know where to find this Adobe Gamma ulitlity?
i cant find it in PS...
i just got myself a new LCD display and the white is just too bright for me..
You can find it in the control panal.

Status
Not open for further replies.