How to be shot nicely?

smilegal

Jun 11, 2011
Do you have tips to be models, how to learn pose naturally? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Do you have tips to be models, how to learn pose naturally? Thanks in advance :)
Please feel free to drop me email at shen.tjing[at]gmail.com

This has much do with both model and photographer.On the model's part he/she should have self confidence and like the camera.
There's a hongkee expression "camera face" that sums it up.First you'd have to be photogenic which is a euphemism for good looking.
Next the photogragher will ask the model to look into the lens,the outcome will engage the viewer unless you want an arty effect.

On the photographer's part to earn his bowl of noodles,he will have to create a rapport with the model by engaging in light banter to
put the model at ease if it's the first time they are working together.

learn to relax. break the ice with the models. and of course, it does help if the models have worked with you long.

but one point to take note. local XMMs...most of them can't pose to save their lives.

Google youtube videos on celebrity photographers like Annie lebovitz, Russell Wong and see how they interact with their subjects.

If I understand her correctly, she is asking how to pose naturally as a model and being photograph by other photographers.

It's all about practice practice practice. Everyday, stand infront of the mirror
and practice poses face expressions. It's like riding a bicycle, in the beginning it's difficult, but once you practice enough, it'll come naturally

It's all about practice practice practice. Everyday, stand infront of the mirror
and practice poses face expressions. It's like riding a bicycle, in the beginning it's difficult, but once you practice enough, it'll come naturally

It can be useful to read a book on posing for portraits. You can find such books under the photography section in the library or bookstore. You might feel the book is written for photographers, but by understanding how photographers shoot portraits and how lighting is done, you can learn to pose better. And yes, these books cover quite a bit on posing.

I bought a very good one in Popular bookstore, but it is in mandarin.

It can be useful to read a book on posing for portraits. You can find such books under the photography section in the library or bookstore. You might feel the book is written for photographers, but by understanding how photographers shoot portraits and how lighting is done, you can learn to pose better. And yes, these books cover quite a bit on posing.

I bought a very good one in Popular bookstore, but it is in mandarin.

Bro, can help to translate to english? :bsmilie:

iguanavon said:
Bro, can help to translate to english? :bsmilie:

I would suggest to pick up Chinese language, u need it for 2 reasons. The nvr ending FT import in Singapore and the upcoming super power country.

pretend you're looking at someone you like. :)

I would suggest to pick up Chinese language, u need it for 2 reasons. The nvr ending FT import in Singapore and the upcoming super power country.

an iguana doesn't need it cos he only talks to fellow species.. :bsmilie:

then share with TS some tips on how you pose for pictures! :bsmilie: e.g. the one in your new avatar!

i read a lot of gravure magazines

yukie-kawamura.jpg

beautiful-japanese-girl-sayur-ohtomo-01.jpg

37472__468x_mai-shiranui-sexy-cosplay-gravure-3.jpg

Nozomi-Sasaki-Gravure43612481951264792.jpeg

Dear all, many thanks for your kind advices & tips ;)
@kei1309: What is XMM?
@daredevil123: Do you remember what the title of the book is? I am taking photos too as hobby, though I have not photographed a lot of models, still learning. I think it is 1 of my wishlist, but before I can direct people, I have to be a good model too?