How to bath a cat ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
anyone knows how to bath a cat? I want to bath mine, but cats are supposed to scare of water, and i'm afraid my cat will accidentally lick the shampoo when she's trying to clean her fur.

any advise or technique.

oh yah , prefer to do it on my own.

*waits for B to come in*

My gf cat now enjoy warm water bathe already, she will stand in the bucket of warm water, relaxed and eyes closed....dun even want to come out!

but of cos at the beginning, she will scream and tried to run away, so no choice got to use force to grab hold of her while bathing.

West_ray said:
anyone knows how to bath a cat? I want to bath mine, but cats are supposed to scare of water, and i'm afraid my cat will accidentally lick the shampoo when she's trying to clean her fur.

i dun think she will lick the fur, but will try to run away

may be can start with soaking her feets in some warm water, then slowly scope the water and pour on her back, she will probably try to run away, so may need a few hands to grab hold of her, until she no more afraid of water, then try soak her whole body into a bucket

then after that u can use shampoo

Wai said:
i dun think she will lick the fur, but will try to run away

may be can start with soaking her in some warm water, then slowly scope the water and pour on her back, she will probably try to run away, so may need a few hands to grab hold of her, until she no more afraid of water, then try soak her whole body into a bucket

then after that u can use shampoo
oh ... thanks thanks ... will try it ...

maybe u can wash her with a warm wet cloth first, let her get used to the water?

Belle&Sebastain said:
powder them ,i think its enough for cats, they dun like to be bathe.

what I don't like about powder is if there is residual left over (even a teensy weensy bit), the cat may later lick it off when its grooming itself. Anything with chemical content is no good for consumption.

hey,

does your cat stink really bad? because if they dont, you dont have to bathe them, its not good for their fur if you bathe them regularly.

But if really have to, you can try warm water. But i think you really have to hold tight because the bugger will try to flee. And since you are going to bathe it, then use those shampoos that have lanolin , it keeps their fur in good condition...

For kittens, just dunk them into a pail of water. No, I am kidding of course. :D

bigfatfish said:
hey,

does your cat stink really bad? because if they dont, you dont have to bathe them, its not good for their fur if you bathe them regularly.

But if really have to, you can try warm water. But i think you really have to hold tight because the bugger will try to flee. And since you are going to bathe it, then use those shampoos that have lanolin , it keeps their fur in good condition...

For kittens, just dunk them into a pail of water. No, I am kidding of course. :D
i nv bath my cat before since i found her 2 months ago ... :)

heh...gotta let her get used to it lor...it was definitely an "adventure" bathing my cat the 1st time round...heh...now she doesn't put up much of a struggle liaoz...heh...last time when I bathe her...I also kana bathed...har har har :bsmilie:

West_ray said:

any advise or technique.
oh yah , prefer to do it on my own.
Very importantly, lock your bathroom door. Then get shampoo, warm water & dry towel ready. Pour a bit of water over her body, then shampoo as normal (while grabbing hold of her). After that, pour water to rinse, taking care to avoid her face [or may be quite traumatic for her (and possibly for owner too :bsmilie: ), can clean face later with wet cloth]. Dry with towel as much as possible, or they may feel cold outside of the bathroom.

Don't think the cat will lick the shampoo when she's inside the bathroom, trying to run away from you. My cats used to run out, hide in a quiet corner, then start licking and grooming (that's after bathing, using the shower head).

Washing machine: regular wash and spin cycle with warm water, then use a steam iron. Don't use bleach, or the colors may run.

tingchiyen said:
Washing machine: regular wash and spin cycle with warm water, then use a steam iron. Don't use bleach, or the colors may run.
Muahhahaahahahaaha! You'll get a very flat and nicely crinkle/wrinkle-free cat rug then.
Chi Yen --> :kok: <-- Azure

Ray & Zod -
sorry to disappoint you... I don't bathe stray cats. :p They do themselves.

I used to have a cat many many years back. Usually we (me & gran) will look out for a sunny day before we nab him for a warm shower. He'll clean himself in the sun afterward lying on his spare towel... and giving us evil looks in between. Didn't use shampoo or powder then, cuz the bath was just to wash off those additional dust and cobwebs he collects when he goes crawling in dusty corners.

If you'd adopted a stray, they are generally cleaner creatures then bred ones, used to cleaning themselves very thoroughly after meals and at least once a day. Those who've gone on extended cat shoots with me will remember that most of them don't even smell.

If smelly cat :confused: is what you are worried about, them adjust their diet to exclude or minimise foods like beef, tuna, lamb. Dry foods don't make so much stinky cats (most of the time), likewise rice. Whiskas and Friskies tend to build up some kind of chemical in them too. .... Ray, maybe I should get Auntie Bella and speak with you? I'm no cat food expert here.... :sweat:

Azure said:
Muahhahaahahahaaha! You'll get a very flat and nicely crinkle/wrinkle-free cat rug then.
Chi Yen --> :kok: <-- Azure

Ray & Zod -
sorry to disappoint you... I don't bathe stray cats. :p They do themselves.

I used to have a cat many many years back. Usually we (me & gran) will look out for a sunny day before we nab him for a warm shower. He'll clean himself in the sun afterward lying on his spare towel... and giving us evil looks in between. Didn't use shampoo or powder then, cuz the bath was just to wash off those additional dust and cobwebs he collects when he goes crawling in dusty corners.

If you'd adopted a stray, they are generally cleaner creatures then bred ones, used to cleaning themselves very thoroughly after meals and at least once a day. Those who've gone on extended cat shoots with me will remember that most of them don't even smell.

If smelly cat :confused: is what you are worried about, them adjust their diet to exclude or minimise foods like beef, tuna, lamb. Dry foods don't make so much stinky cats (most of the time), likewise rice. Whiskas and Friskies tend to build up some kind of chemical in them too. .... Ray, maybe I should get Auntie Bella and speak with you? I'm no cat food expert here.... :sweat:
AUntie Bella ?? is it tat lady we saw at Bahru tat time? no prob, i willing to have a casual chat (to gain knowledge too) with her!!! . But tat will be after my exams this wk !!!! hmm ... from next wk onwards i can add myself to ur catty list liao ! LOlz !!!

out of curiosity, when you grab them and bathe them like that, won't they scratch you?

Status
Not open for further replies.