~ How to Batch Remove Exif in PS CS 5 ?

knpan

May 2, 2006
Singapore
any1 able to share how to remove exif in PS CS? Lets say for 1 picture, and the whole folder, pls advice, :kiss:

Save for web does the trick for me...

what about batch remove?

perhaps you could record an action to save (or save a copy) an open file for web, then run batch processing (File>Automate>Batch... then select the action and the folder) for all the picture files in a folder?

Last edited:
create action run batch processing.
u can open the file, use the copy all command, paste it to new file.
this will remove exif data.

perhaps you could record an action to save (or save a copy) an open file for web, then run batch processing (File>Automate>Batch... then select the action and the folder) for all the picture files in a folder?

yup exactly

This is what I do.

For this type of thing I have written "Picture Processor" for Photoshop CS3 or better.
Unlike the supplied "Image Processor" or "Dr Brown's 1-2-3 Process" mine does support "Save For Web" CS4 and CS5 has support for metadata.
It will also watermark if required, this is different to most watermarking software as it will constrain proportions no matter what size the document is.
It has a multitude of options and should suit most work flows.
It's free and can be downloaded :-
http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3409&sid=064df3b1338a31e5245a1bb2b70887be
Get the one at the bottom of the page as this is the newest.

Yes, the actions with the Save for Web feature is a solution, but that actually leaves some metadata in a result file. You can check it out with any viewer with deep metadata analysis (look for EXIF Tool by Phil Harvey plus a gui for it).

That will create some new basic EXIF data, what will be stored along with ADOBE XMP and IPTC.

what about batch remove?
Guess it is a good idea to use 3rd party tools, like Exifer, Batch Purifier or jhead. And I personally use this batch EXIF remover when publishing photos on the Web - it lets me selectively delete photographic metadata when I need to.