Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Ray

Dec 25, 2005
with CP or alan photos?

Just Ray said:
with CP or alan photos?

dont bother, AP will say: you know our prices
CP: we're not like other shops who quote you the lowest price w/o gst. we tell our customers the actual price

this is what they told me when i tried to bargain for a d70s juz yesterday

Haha those shops are staffed with seasoned sales peeps... you won't get them to budge a cent unless your business is so important to them.

If you wanna bargain, try BnS thread. More luck there!

the lady at AP-F (not the main store, the kiosk with just Nikon pdts) is humourous
her best price (each) if i get 2 sets is way more than a single set at CP and she even suggested this is the best deal i can get in sg as i can claim the 5% gst...
i must have looked like some carrothead tourist to her

some ang moh pulled me away later and told me to scout other shops as well, they seem pretty experienced

My mother came with me to CP when I was buying things, and she budged a few cents, when I was FINE just to go with the price they were asking, but NO, mother must come and save those 200 cents. (I've got nothing against saving, I save a lot!) but I don't think all that asking and asking and asking is worth the 200 cents.

Just my 200 cents.

solarii said:
Haha those shops are staffed with seasoned sales peeps... you won't get them to budge a cent unless your business is so important to them.

If you wanna bargain, try BnS thread. More luck there!

Agreed..... they all lao jiao already. very diff to bargain.... but base on relationship with them, some of the thing they can less, not much though.... built a good relationship and they will less a dollar here and there.... or unless you go in and order 10 to 20 pcs of Nikon D70s with all the accessories etc... then they will give you another price.... saw one oversea chap at AP the other day... took about 10pcs of D70s... Steven told me that guy come once a month to bulk purchase..... but don't think we can do that unless every month do a MO for Camera and accessories, then can talk to them.....

if everyone reveal their bargaining techniques then no value already :sweat:
like what TMC said.. you either have it .. or don't :D

rest assured reps from CP and AP do visit CS so disclosing your bargaining tips here might just lead to a counter-bargain.

adamadam said:
My mother came with me to CP when I was buying things, and she budged a few cents, when I was FINE just to go with the price they were asking, but NO, mother must come and save those 200 cents. (I've got nothing against saving, I save a lot!) but I don't think all that asking and asking and asking is worth the 200 cents.

Just my 200 cents.

your mom is :thumbsup:

thats y i never ask my parents to go shopping with me... and till today, my dad would give me 10 bucks to buy 3 mac meals... cos he dun even know whats the meaning of appreciation... and only knows that the cars he have depreciates... which is the only opposite of the things i appreciate...

my dad will be lagi :thumbsup: then he can even bargain at Nokia showroom with 'NETT' prices for extra freebies. :bsmilie:

He bought a Communicator 9000 many years back, then squeezed a car charger, handsfree and 1 other item i forgot what.

Just Ray said:
with CP or alan photos?

become a member of Singapore's most prestigious and powerful club ... the Aunties :sweatsm:

never ever look down on what they can do :nono: even if it's 200 cents only :sweatsm:

Business in unlike those days, it highly competitive and very open now. Those days shops quote MSRP and once you bargain they offer 5% discount, no internet forums to check prices before you shop. Now buyers do a "research" before they buy, so it's hard for shops to quote high prices.

SEXiao said:
Agreed..... they all lao jiao already. very diff to bargain.... but base on relationship with them, some of the thing they can less, not much though.... built a good relationship and they will less a dollar here and there.... or unless you go in and order 10 to 20 pcs of Nikon D70s with all the accessories etc... then they will give you another price.... saw one oversea chap at AP the other day... took about 10pcs of D70s... Steven told me that guy come once a month to bulk purchase..... but don't think we can do that unless every month do a MO for Camera and accessories, then can talk to them.....

Haha then maybe u should coordinate MO with him. I'm sure he'll want if you can add another 5-10 sets to his order.

They already save a lot of time by charging competitive prices.
Imagine them selling something slightly higher only for the shopper to spend 10 minutes negotiating down a few dollars. For the 10 minutes, the sales guy can serve another shopper.

Personally, I don't bargain. I don't waste time.

But to some people, bargaining is some sort of a reflex habit or unconscious behaviour. E.g. like people shaking legs without knowing.

I guess how much you bargain is depend also.
For instance if you know the market price says, Lumix FZ5 now S$600, if they want to sell you at S$700, I guess sure you will bargain.
I know those sales, also see what kind of people they are talking to, if they see you not too sure about the product sure they try to sell higher price :sweat:

spend some time in wet market on sat/sun morning and observe and learn from there. I honestly say the best bargaining skill are in wet market.

Astin said:
spend some time in wet market on sat/sun morning and observe and learn from there. I honestly say the best bargaining skill are in wet market.

:thumbsup: AGREED!!! It is the best training ground! Observe the aunties there see how they bargain power man!!!:cool: :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
your mom is :thumbsup:

thats y i never ask my parents to go shopping with me... and till today, my dad would give me 10 bucks to buy 3 mac meals... cos he dun even know whats the meaning of appreciation... and only knows that the cars he have depreciates... which is the only opposite of the things i appreciate...
Well, I think its the mentality of older folks where 'every cent counts' and things must be 'cheap & good'.

Unfortunately, this is a pragmatic society now unlike that of the old. U insist on cheap and fighting so hard against the salesman to save just 200 or 300 cents, go back to the shop next time for after-sales and see what happens to u when u approach the same salesman. :bsmilie:

Whilst I personally do bargain, I put it across in a more relaxed tone of 'have or not oso chin chai'. Whilst I dun get my way all the time, there are times I do. Luck of draw. :)

I'm pretty bad at bargaining and so tend to buy at the saem place and use the "regular' customer way of getting discount :D

the best way to bargain is wave your fist full stock of cash in front of the face of the sales man this tells them you are a cash loaded. they will entertrain you. and give u a good prize.

Just Ray said:
with CP or alan photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.