How to backup digital photos for Travel Photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
If i got limited CF cards, how do I backup my photos so that I can take more?

is there such a device whereby i can download photos from CF Card into a portable harddisk? then use the CF Card again?

Thanks

Paul_Yeo said:
If i got limited CF cards, how do I backup my photos so that I can take more?

is there such a device whereby i can download photos from CF Card into a portable harddisk? then use the CF Card again?

Thanks

There are such device call X-drive, Nixvue and image tank, check out here for more info

can try recycle the cf cards by transferring out the images and burn out the pics as cdr on the spot at those relevant stores...then at most bring back a pile of cdr's home =) thats if u r in city area.

ya..tink Clive got a very gd suggestion..i saw some machine in front of some photo shop that is capable of transfering Images on a CF to a CD,and it cost only $2.50 to $3.50 per CF card...

in fact,iam facing this problem of storage..becos im gg to aust in july..can anyone tell me, is there such service in aust?and anything worth shooting or buying there?

RAIN_MAN said:
ya..tink Clive got a very gd suggestion..i saw some machine in front of some photo shop that is capable of transfering Images on a CF to a CD,and it cost only $2.50 to $3.50 per CF card...

in fact,iam facing this problem of storage..becos im gg to aust in july..can anyone tell me, is there such service in aust?and anything worth shooting or buying there?

Some hotel might have this service. Got to ask first :)

pls flip to the TECH pages of the newpaper, 29th may. they've got a couple of tips there on travel photography. :D

RAIN_MAN said:

wah $2.50 - $3.50 per Memory card is dirt cheap! I just came back from Australia Cairns and Goldcoast.... paid $9.90AUD per Memorystick i had! Burnt 2 * 256MB MS and pair $19.80....did i get ripped off or what?

But I still felt it was worth it. I was only on Day 4 of my 8 days in Australia and my 512MB of memorysticks were full! Paying $20 to free up 2 of my memory sticks is better than paying $200+ AUD for a new MSPro there!

oh forgot to ask, which parts of Australia are you going to? The places i went to(mentioned in the earlier post) had many photographic opportunities. Came back with about 1000 images :p After some quality control, stitching of a couple of panoramic shots and editing, i still had about 800 images that were worth keeping IMO :p

Example of activities with photographic opportunities include hot air balloon rides, snorkelling/diving at the GBR, the kuranda rainforest attractions/ sky rail rides, and many more :)

RAIN_MAN said:

this suggestion is actually taught to me by and "old bird" ;)

sydney, gold coast ,Fraser Island and Brisbane...Free and easy so not confirm yet.Any suggestion?
Thx for the info..so i dun hav to worry abt memory card problem liao....

I would still recommend those portable devices for flexibility though...

regards
..NuTs..

ohya...care to share some Great work of yours? and give me some pointers...
thx in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.