how to avoid grainy (noisy) picts when using high ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyber85

Mar 23, 2006
AMK
Taken using high ISO night scene.
how to eliminate the noise?

my.php

how to avoid?
there are programmes such as neatimage and noiseninja out there .... free for trial if i am not wrong...they should help to reduce noise on ya images...

of coz if u didnt wanna do this the other obvious answer is to get a camera with better noise control then hahah

cheers

any other softwares that can perform noise reduction? photoshop can?

i think the best way to have low noise is to use long exposure,and u would need a tripod for that.for photoshop i think theres a plugin to clean up the noise but i cant recall the name..anyone knows the name?

there're more then a dozen noise remover softwares... some jus plug in PS.. do you shopping with google..

psyber85 said:
Taken using high ISO night scene.
how to eliminate the noise?

http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture19ut.jpg
Wah.. what camera and what ISO did you use? Have you resized the picture or is that a 100% crop?

Here is a night image shot at ISO800.
D70sISO800night001s.jpg

And here is a 100% crop of the region with the moon. And excuse me for being blunt, I think the noise is still better than that of your image.
D70sISO800night001c.jpg

thats one very noisy pic, what camera u using? the best option is to download a noise reducing program, or use a lower iso, or get a camera that can handle high iso with less visabble noise shown

I heard if you cool your camera down you reduce the noise off the CCD. Less heat less noise. don't know how true this is.

smtan24 said:
I heard if you cool your camera down you reduce the noise off the CCD. Less heat less noise. don't know how true this is.
Yes.. Some astro people use thermo electric coolers to cool their CCD during the astro shots. One problem is condensation.

how? kekeke... switch to canon dslr...

anyone tried using the "Long exp. NR" on their D70? I usually set it to "OFF". Anyone care to comment?

wat cam u using??? looks more jia lat then my fx8

wildstallion said:
mines off too, it does nothing but slow down processing time

Just did a test. Notice the slow down ( when shooting on con't mode ) the improvment is very min. when blow up to 100% in CS on my laptop.

yqt said:
Just did a test. Notice the slow down ( when shooting on con't mode ) the improvment is very min. when blow up to 100% in CS on my laptop.

yup takes ages man, and no real improvemnt, so i just leave off, yet another great invention from nikon :bsmilie:

nah i love them really :thumbsup:

wildstallion said:
yup takes ages man, and no real improvemnt, so i just leave off, yet another great invention from nikon :bsmilie:

nah i love them really :thumbsup:

well fuji S2 have very good noise control, their iso 1000 is like the iso 640 on the D70:bigeyes: :bigeyes: but the writing is waaaaaay tooooooooo sloooooooow:bsmilie:

wildstallion said:
well d200 is supposed to have better noise control

better than the S2? I though S2 and S3 have got the best noise control in the market so far!!!:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.