How to attach filters to A40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yongliang

Apr 27, 2002
Singapore, East
Sorrie, I'm a newbie to digital photography. Just bought a A40 today, havent tried out yet. But saw in this forum attaching a Hoya +4 filter to it to take better macro shots.

I did ask CP whether can add additional filters to A40, but was given an answer 'no'. Left me rather bafffled.

I would like to ask experienced ppl here hw to attach the Hoya +4 filter to A40. Need lens adaptor? Easy to attach? and of course how much?

Thanks!!

There is the the lens adaptor for the A40 from Canon. This is the 52mm adaptor and can buy the macro +4 (52mm) to fix to your camera. But I believe that there is no adaptor stock available yet.

I would like to ask experienced ppl here hw to attach the Hoya +4 filter to A40. Need lens adaptor? Easy to attach? and of course how much?

You would need a len adaptor. Never tried attaching before. me a newbie here too. I believe AP sells it for ard $35 while CP sells it for ard $39.

Some of my accessories I use with my A40.

Top left is A40 52mm lens adapter.
Top right my cheap 2.7X teleconvertor
Bottom left is Hoya UV filter
Bottom right is Hoya +4 close-up filter

That's all I have at the moment. Next target, probably a polarizer.

;)

A40_Accs.JPG

Originally posted by lefei

What does this do?
Also what does the UV Filter does?

the teleconvertor extends ur amount of zoom ( not sure if i put correct in words) and the uv filter just protects ur precious camera lens from the uv rays. :) me also newbie so i might be wrong.

how much is your teleconverter ??

chepa = how cheap ??

thanks

Originally posted by lefei

What does this (2.7X tele) do?

Basically extends your zoom (from original 3X to 3 x 2.7X = 8.1X, but I think it gives about 2X only, so effectively I have about 6X optical zoom).

Using teleconvertors have their drawbacks - the sides of the picture will have a bit of distortion (vignetting).

Here's a pic with the teleconvertor (3X & 2.7X):
home_tele.jpg

Here's without (just original 3X zoom):
home_notele.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.