How to attach / detach filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqmeng

Sep 21, 2006
eeer, i have just bought a used lens it comes with a UV filter attached on it. how to detach ah? there s no skrew or whatever.... what should i do ah? :(

What lens is that?

The filter should be easily detached by simply unscrewing it.

pai seh, forgot to tell you that it is attached on D50 lens. 18-55mm.

when you said unscrew it, are you saying you just turn the filter? :dunno:

Yes, unscrew it by turing.

why don't you just tried ... i am sure you can figure it out how to unscrew a filter for a lens.

yalor, thts what i did... turn very hard also can not. how ah? actually i was thinking of using skrew driver..luckily i didnt..i mean not until i consult you guys 1st.

die liao like dat...what should i try next? :cry:

yalor, thts what i did... turn very hard also can not. how ah? actually i was thinking of using skrew driver..luckily i didnt..i mean not until i consult you guys 1st.

die liao like dat...what should i try next? :cry:

i remember someone posting a qns on how to remove tightened filters bout 2 months ago.... do a search n read up...

set ur lens to M, hold on to the focusing barrel instead of the lens body... tat's wat i can say...cant help much.. :p

was the filter dented at any place?

thanks for all the help, guys!

I ll try it once i get back home this evening. :heart:

Turn filter to the left (counter clockwise) to detach/open filter, turn filter to the right (clockwise) to attach/put filter.

Regards,
Arto.

it probably has been attached for very long time so is a little set in. Try wrapping a broad rubberband for grip and turn.
Another thing about removing filter is that using using your whole hand to turn is worst than using your fingers, because with the whole palm you might also be trying to turn the lens barrel without knowing it.

Also look around the filter tread and see if there is any uneven gap around the circumference. If there is, then it might not have been screwed in properly and caused 'cross treading' ie. the filter screw tread has 'bitten into the lens screw tread'. If so, no help here as removing would cause permanant damage, and you will never be able to fit any filter on that lens in future. Sorry don't mean to scare you.

That's why I switch to B+W filter, as its metal construction and material is as high as its price. Not to mention about the MRC coating on its glass.

Regards,
Arto.

:) thanks guys, i finally managed to unskrew the filter. I used rubberband to warp around the filter and turn. was not easy tho.

anywhere, thanks a lot! :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.