How to Add a 2nd Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
I'm now running on Windows Vista with a 24" LCD.

Would like to add a 2nd monitor, mainly to place all my toolbox. How do I go about setting up and configure it?

think need a video card with 2 outputs..i'm using some ATI 2400 one..but both come out are VGA....quite pissed about it...

not sure if you can install 2 individual vid card.

i'm also wondering if i can hook up 3 screens to a pc...as I have a 24" and 2X17"...can try some racing games! hee

Make sure your graphics card can run two monitors, if it has two monitor connections it should be fine. Once you connect it up, right click your desktop and got to properties. Under settings go advanced and you can set what each monitor does, whether you want it to duplicate or have windows extend on to it.

if your graphic card have 2 video output, its just plug&play--just connect the video cable to the graphic card, even when the system is running. WinXP and above with the current display driver can detect the present of 2nd monitor automatically.

Multi-Monitor Tips & Tricks Guide Rev. 1.2

or google multi/dual monitor for more details. one thing to take note when running multi-monitor on photoshop is the screen color calibration. even 2 monitor from the same model may have different color output.

think need a video card with 2 outputs..i'm using some ATI 2400 one..but both come out are VGA....quite pissed about it...

not sure if you can install 2 individual vid card.

i'm also wondering if i can hook up 3 screens to a pc...as I have a 24" and 2X17"...can try some racing games! hee

both questions are yes, you can install multiple video card and you can have as many screens as your display card can support.

AGP can only allow one port but both PCI-E and standard 32bit PCI can have multiple slots exist on the same motherboard.

http://www.wideview.it/pictures.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.